Making the trip for a home game.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Delaware Titan, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delaware Titan

Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

My wife and I are looking at finally making a trip to Tennessee from Delaware for a home game. Looking for a little insite into where to stay and what to do while down there? Does the team stay at a certain Hotel the night before home games? Any big tail gates? We havent decided when we are coming yet or what game. Looking for a little help.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Any big tail gates? Gotta hit up the GoTitans tailgate with TJ and Titanium and the rest.

The food = awesome.

Hope you get a Delaware Titan Effect going like the Gunny Effect last year.

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Although I dont live in Nashville, I would say stay in the downtown area. You can walk to most of the attractions in the area plus to LP Field on Sunday Morn. Its what I do when attending games.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I did that too....though it was damn cold....and damn cold while busting to goto the toilet is not a good thing on a walk to the hotel.

5. Delaware Titan

Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

Does the team stay at a hotel downtown? Trying to get some autographs. I thought i read that they stay at the Loews downtown before home games. Maybe that was where the visiting team stays. Are there any good memorbilla shops around? Its hard to find things up this way.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Do a little searching in this forum because there has been a number of good suggestions as to where to stay, what to do, etc. here.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Tryout for cb while your there. You never know.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Downtown isn't known for it's abundance of decent hotels. Lowes is all the way over on West End in the Vandy/Music Row area. You won't be walking to any games from there. I'd highly recommend booking a room at the Nashville Downtown Hilton, which shares property with the Country Music Hall of fame and Eddie George's sports bar. The stadium is a short walk over the foot bridge and Broadway/honky tonk row is literally feet from the hotel.
    Trust me all the rest of the hotels downtown are bad..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

We stayed at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs. It was real nice and going downtown wasn't tough at all. Plus the price was right. I'd really recommend it. They also had high speed internet as basic. What was a nice touch is that there were a couple of PC machines which was cool because I don't have a laptop. It was helpful for making some connections. That was the Cowboys game this past year. We actually had a forum newbie who was a Cowboys fan come to the tailgate. That was the weekend that B4mvp made it down from VA. It was a good time had by all.

Except for this guy:

[​IMG]

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

The team stays at Loew's Vanderbilt Plaza the night before the game. There are buses and cabs that can get you to the game easily from there. The players sign autographs for fans standing outside the staff parking lot after the game.

If you really want an autograph, you can send something to the Titans facility and the guys get their mail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar