Mail Call.

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by titanbuoy, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

one last Johnson...

08 SP Rookie Edition Auto (95 SP Throwback)
    [​IMG]

Albert Haynesworth 02 Donruss Gridiron Kings Black 074/100
    [​IMG]
    Strangely similar in concept to the above Chris Johnson Masterpieces cards (didn't notice that until I had the card in hand). Probably the last card I buy of the fat man until he signs a new deal with the Titans (which means it's probably the last Haynesworth card I buy)

And finally a couple more for the Jack Tatum collection...

75 Topps
    [​IMG]

76 Topps
    [​IMG]
    badass mofo pose.

I'd also purchase a Tatum RC, but the seller missplaced the card (fug)... the butthead made me file for a refund from paypal (as opposed to just automatically refunding me the money when he realized he wasn't going to send me the card).
  2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

So the seller above is having some issues. I rec'd the following emails from him last night....

email 1 "Seller requests feedback Revision"

"I WILL GIVE YOU ANOTHER 5.00 OR SEND YOU THE CARD THAT I DID FIND BUT I NEED YOU TO RETRACT YOUR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK OR I AM KICKED OFF EBAY FOR A MINIMUM OF 30 DAYS. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. I WILL SEND YOU A COUPLE HUNDRED 1970'S FOOTBALL CARDS ALL NM/MT+"

email 2 "message from ebay member"

"I WILL SEND YOU MONEY, CARDS, OR BOTH BUT I DID ISSUE A FULL REFUND OF YOUR PAYMENT AND A REVISAL FORM SO YOU CAN CHANGE FEEDBACK. IF I DON'T GET IT CHANGED, I WILL BE GETTING KICKED OFF EBAY BY MONDAY.
    NO AMOUNT IS WORTH THIS TO ME SO PLEASE CHANGE FEEDBACK AND I WILL GIVE YOU WHATEVER YOU WANT BUT IT HAS TO BE DONE BY MONDAY, THANKS AHEAD OF TIME. I WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT BUT IF FEEDBACK ISN'T CHANGED BY MONDAY THEY SAID THEY ARE KICKING ME OFF AND I WON'T BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING. THANKS AND TAKE CARE, MATT"

email 3 "message from eBay member"

"I HAD YOU CONFUSED W/ SOMEONE ELSE BUT I DID MAKE THE FULL REFUND AND WILL ALSO SEND A BUNCH OF 1970'S CARDS FOR FREE ALSO. I SENT A FEEDBACK REVISAL FORM, JUST CHANGE IT AND I WILL SEND YOU A BUNCH OF AWESOME OLD 1970'S FOOTBALL CARDS FOR FREE, THE FEEDBACK HAS TO BE CHANGED BY MONDAY MORNING, THIS IS MY ONLY SOURCE OF INCOME AND I AM PARALYZED. I HAVE TO GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF BY MON. MORNING BY WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SWITCH THE FEEDBACK. IF NOT, I WON'T BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ON EBAY SO PLEEEEEAAASSSEEE. I WILL GIVE YOU WHATEVER YOU WANT FOR FREE. THANKS AHEAD OF TIME, TAKE CARE, MATT"

The last one is somewhat funny. I was surprised that he'd have the nerve to ask me for a change. The reason I left him a negative was that he emailed me to say he'd lost the card, offered to send my a "bunch of 70's cards" as replacement and I declined. I asked for a refund and the guy simply stopped replying to my emails. Over about a week I sent him a few emails asking what was up and received zero response... Finally I just filed for a Paypal refund and since didn't reply to the claim either, I rec'd all of my money back. Anyone who knows me (even a little bit) won't be shocked to hear that I sent him a pretty pissy email after he forced me to enter a Paypal claim for a card he himself admitted losing. I think in this last email he realized I was that jerk who freaked out on him for being an incompetent hack (and more than likely I wouldn't be willing to revise the neg feedback that he'd richly deserved).

I still may show some mercy to the putz but for now I sent him a one line reply.

"If you would had shown half this much interest in this transaction before I left feedback, you wouldn't have received a negative in the first place. "

And that's the truth, I never leave negative feedback on eBay over a lost or misplaced card, but as soon as I get the feeling that someone is dicking me around. It's on baby.

Not much new of late. I did replace the Tatum RC, but have yet to scan it. The only thing new and scanned is this:

Chris Johnson 08 UD Masterpieces Auto (on card!!!)
    [​IMG]
    only $9.95! :)
  3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

I love the desperation of the guy.

Show no mercy,he sounds like a douche.
  4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I hate when they dont respond
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

I'm betting he's learned a lesson. I'd take the feedback back if he's going to refund. Everyone screws up, and some people become braindead when it comes to resolving things. But 30 days off ebay if he relies on it is pretty big.
  6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I left my feedback unchanged. The guy wasn't suspended. No one else changed their feedback either so the guy is full of ****. I wonder if he was using someone else's eBay account to sell some stuff, screwed up and got some negs, and the owner of the account freaked on him.

My Jack Tatum RC arrived (completing the Tatum collection)

73 Topps
    [​IMG]

This was the replacement for the card that the dufus above misplaced.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think I've gotten every item I ever paid for. I trust it too much now. I expect one day to not get something and will probably just take it as the cost of doing business on e-bay, that eventually something will go wrong.

That Burbank sports card company is interesting. They have a lot of cards that are harder to get your hands on, but they price them really high. I wonder sometimes how one company can have so many cards of limited supply.
  8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

A couple of 2008 SP Authentic RC's

Mr. Hayes 363/999
    [​IMG]

The Hawk 317/399
    [​IMG]
    (on card sig... yay!)
  9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Nice! I'm definitely going to snag one of them. I tend to obsess on RC's, but I always like to get at least one GU per player (if they're available)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.