Madden Ratings Released, Titans Ratings Here!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Lava, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Lendale White - 79 OVR, 78 SPD, 87 ACC"

78 speed?! that's hilarious. he is absolutely useless in madden now, especially with no weapons this year.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Ratings system is totally revamped so I wouldn't judge much until playing, as long as Lendale's STR and Break Tackle are high he'll be good at those 3 yard goalline runs!

I'm glad to see Chris Henry and Paul Williams getting love.

3. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Chris Johnson upgraded to 99 speed...nice. I approve.

However (I do realize it's a new rating system still...), they downgraded nate washington's speed which upsets me (he had 94 speed last year, bit of a drop) and apparently they think the reality of this season is that if kerry collins gets hurt, we are utterly screwed

Cook's stats looking good though.

4. TitansOwnAll

TitansOwnAll Camp Fodder

Johnson's speed was already 99.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ratings have been adjusted all across the board to reflect what EA sports believes puts the big time players in their elements. The one thing that concerns me about the 'more accurate' ratings is; what rating does a WR need to catch a ball? I've noticed in previous Maddens the catch attribute needed to be around 75 in order for that target to be a worthy one.

6. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

Personally I really like the new ratings system. It separates the really good players from the average ones and makes it more like a real football game.

7. TitansOwnAll

TitansOwnAll Camp Fodder

So the rumor that if your team doesn't have superstars, you'll have a harder time is true.

It always seem like the Titans are harder to play with than other teams even as bad as the Raiders. Hell, I had an easier time playing with the Browns, Rams, Cheifs, and Bengals than I did with the Titans.

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

ok. it was 97 at the start on madden 09, and I was off at college all year w/o my 360. so I wasn't going to pay microsoft for live when I wasn't home and wasn't able to get a roster update. So it's new to me :)

Still, upset about the drop on washington's speed...they now have him as just faster than derrick mason rather than a burner

it appears harper/tulloch is viewed as the weak link in the defense too...

Also, worth of note is only giving fitzgerald an 89 speed; after that play in the Super Bowl I'd definitely say he's much faster than that

9. TitansOwnAll

TitansOwnAll Camp Fodder

Yea man. I gotcha... I'm pretty sure they've dumbed down WR speed. That's all. It doesn't really make sense. If I had to make one request for Madden 2010 it would be to make it easier to return interceptions for touchdowns. I have intercepted passes with Cortland, but get caught by Peyton Manning. Even lineman sometimes catch up to me. The speed never seems to match up correctly. I hate it.

10. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

I'm not sure if I will like it or not. It should at least make the games more interesting and low scoring.

That was about the only thing I didn't like on 09. After the 2nd quarter it always felt like the CPU just gave up and I could score at will. Very discouraging.

Of course, I never play online either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar