Madden 2011

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

http://www.solecismic.com/fof/index.php
    As real as it gets

Not one bit of eye candy though and it definatly ain't for everybody.

My current team is the Fresno Warthogs - Check them out. I got the Manning of the League but he has no weapons - lol But I'm working on it.
    http://www.imperialfl.us/leaguehtml/2017standings.html

the IFL Forum
    http://www.imperialfl.us/

I was original owner of the Murfreesboro Mules but had too let them go for RL issues.

Again this type of fantasy football ain't for everybody.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Also... I haven't spent much time on this, but does anyone know what to do to do a defensive player audible?

In recent Madden games you just press A (on Xbox) and tell the guy what to do. If you press A in this game, it just switches your player. I really hope they didn't take out defensive player audibles. I used 'em all the time... like when someone wants to be gay and take off with their QB everytime I just highlight one of my LBs and make them go into a QB spy... Or if I want to blitz one my corners.

Oh... and does anyone know if you can take off that dumb new feature where the guy tells you what to do on plays?

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You can still defensive player audible, it's just a lot more complicated. Once again you use the D-pad and go thru the menu. But it's extremely not user friendly.
    And I think you can turn off the coach thing feature. I wish you could turn all of their "features" off and play like we're used to.

4. nickmsmith

I think the D-line pass rush is actually better, but LB blitzing has been worthless every time I've tried. Beyond that, it's the same old song n dance about the QB always getting the ball off.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea changing the "coordinator sub titles" is easy. Flip thru the options and it's there.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I disagree a little bit. I've had multiple picks from defensive linemen because I got hit when i threw the ball and it just popped up in the air.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Now I know I am not the only person to notice this

Before kick off when the teams are getting introduced. Pay attention we get introduced as the New York Titans:sad2:

Thanks EA for putting the whole AFL teams in but for real. This is just a lack of QA.

Overall, I like the game. The D Pad thing kind of sucks but I will manage. I LOVE the no sprint button, I find I have more control when I take control of a ball carrier.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Okay, I've had a chance to play 3 games in my Titans franchise and here are some of my thoughts so far....

- There is some good and some bad in the game. But a bit more good than I was expecting based on reviews/videos that I had seen.

- They went from one extreme to the other with the turnovers. Seemed like INTs and fumbles were way too hard to come by in '10 but in '11 turnovers happen left and right. My defense has forced 8 fumbles and 9 INTs through three games. Hopefully this was just an anomaly. But if I had to pick I'd rather TO's happen too often than not often enough. At least it makes things interesting.

- Deflected balls flail around in the air way, way, WAY too much. All too often I saw a deflected ball bounce off 2 or 3 guys, sometimes multiple times. This probably has quite a bit to do with the high # of INTs in the game as well.

- I'm fine without a sprint button. Though I'll admit I do kinda miss having the ability to choose the exact moment I turn on the jets and hit the hole, particularly in the return game.

- I actually think kicking is easier in '11 (whether or not that's a good thing is up for debate). Sure it's a lot different. But it's still just basic timing. I think after a few days with the game no one will even miss the old way of kicking.

- Gameflow, while far from perfect, actually isn't the completely useless feature I expected it to be. Honestly, it might be the best idea EA has had for Madden in quite awhile. It really does speed the game up a bit, which isn't a bad thing IMO. What makes it useful is that you can choose between every play whether you want Gameflow to pick your play or if you want to choose manually. I was under the impression you would have to choose one or the other for the duration of each game. So I found that it really comes in handy when you have a nice lead and just want to go through the motions and get it all over with. On the other hand, if the game is more competitive you can still choose the exact plays you want. I think I will like GF even more once I have the time to really customize it.

- The Strategy Pad did take a little getting used to. But, like the kicking game, I think people will get used to it sooner rather than later and be fine it. It's basically just one extra button press and after playing the game for awhile you will eventually get to where you have everything memorized anyway.

- I agree with nickmsmith that it is sometimes rather difficult to simply return a kick to the 20. Although, I did manage to run one kick back for TD.

- The pass rush is slightly improved. However sacks, with d-lineman at least, are still much too hard to come by. Every CPU QB still has that magical lightning release. Inexcusable. And it needs to be FIXED. Through 3 games, I have 4 sacks. 1 with a LB. 3 with DBs. 0 with DL, despite getting good pressure consistently.

Oh, and I'm assuming this hasn't happened to anyone else since I haven't seen it mentioned. BUT, in all 3 of my games Gus Johnson has announced the Titans as the "New York Titans". W.T.F. After a quick google search it appears I'm not the only one this is happening to. Maybe it's a franchise-only bug? Or a PS3 bug?

And as an aside, in week 3 I played against the Giants and very first play of the game I threw a pick with Vince to none other than Keith freaking Bulluck. :sad2: :ha:

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

The strategy pad is ing stupid, i don't want to go through 19 menus to do a hot route. Other than that the games pretty cool, I suck at defense bad though, I miss a lot of tackles, and constantly get burned but I'll get used to it I guess.

10. nickmsmith

Zone Defense is SO easily burned on this game, I get eaten alive. But man defense is a lot more useful on this game than the last. If you're playing against a good player in '10. It's a no-no to use man unless you're using some sort of nano blitz where they get to the passer immediately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar