Madden 2011

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm picking up a PS3 copy after work today. I've been hearing pretty bad things and I've learned not to expect much from EA ever since they got the exclusive NFL rights. Yet every year I continue to drop my hard-earned money for it because it's the only NFL sim option out there and I need my fix. :facepalm:

I spend 98% of my Madden time playing franchise mode so I really wish they would work on that. It has somehow managed to get worse over the years. I just don't get it. Every year they introduce some new useless feature that nobody cares about rather than fixing the fundamental issues with the game. Most hardcore football fans could care less about "Gameflow" or "QB Vision". They want a realistic NFL game experience.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The animation is better I'd say. I also dislike the arrow pad to shift LBs and D-lineman. I like it more than Madden 10.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

The strategy pad just ruins the game. But no worries, we hardcore fans complaints have been heard. So EA will be releasing a downloadable patch next month to make the strategy pad optional. Meaning we can go back to the old school stle of audibes. The style i memorized.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

My Comprehensive Review:

-strategy pad SUCKS
    -GameFlow SUCKS
    -new field goal kicking SUCKS
    -no sprint button SUCKS
    -there is no "pocket." opposing QBs can run sideline to sideline like the old days, and you have to push 15,000 buttons to QB contain SUCKS
    -porous defense SUCKS
    -You pay to get online if you buy a used copy SUCKS
    -Very difficult to return kick to the 20, even. SUCKS
    -You can get a good pass rush with 4 people, but when you send 7, they get just about as much time to throw. SUCKS

I'm just waiting til they bring back QB vision. They've taken a million other steps backwards.

Ever "innovation" they bring in further brings the game down. Can't wait for 2012 when they can not monopolize the industry. It's totally the NFL's fault too.

5. JCBRAVE

^Kicking is easier, and the strategy pad isn't that bad.

6. nickmsmith

I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I missed two extra points in one game. Haven't got the hang of it yet. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Was there any complaint about the kicking before? The old stick up/down is kind of a similar motion to real kicking, this kind of takes it back to SNES days to me.

And I hot route on nearly every passing play. If you're changing three routes, and the accelerated clock is on, you end up with 20 sec. or less to do all that, and get the play off, it's cutting it close. I end up running no-huddle most of the time because of it.

And speaking of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    why would they take a step backwards in the DE play? Last year was a big step up in that terrible players with Vick or Vince couldn't run freely to the sideline as soon as the ball was snapped and wait for something to come open. That's all done for.

7. JCBRAVE

^Well the new kicking also cost me two field goals, but I got a hang of it. You're right about the kicking not being an improvement, but it's not causing me much trouble. Change your settings if the accelerated clock is an issue. I like the new Madden, I'm sure you'll grow into liking it as well upon fixing your kicking dilemma.

8. nickmsmith

I would take the acc. clock off, but I play online almost all the time. I know I'll end up loving the game, I always do, because I get used to the changes.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea... gotta agree with "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

Strategy pad makes it impossible for you to be able to do everything you need to do... and I can't make me lineman go as far out as I did in previous games... like where you spread them and then make them go outside the lineman... best way to get sacks.

I picked it up at midnight last night. I've gotten used to the strategy pad somewhat, but I'll definitely be using the old school controls when they're back.

Anyone else notice how extremely easy it is to return kicks now? Put CJ back there and you'll return 1/4 kicks.

The achievements are also insanely easy. I have 20/24 achievements for 805/1000 already.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Cool. How hard would it have been to make it optional from the get-go though? This happens every year. Rather than properly test the game and think ahead, they half-@$$ it and focus all their attention on new "awesome" features. Then they have to release patches to fix (some of) the things they mucked up or ignored. It's frustrating because they have us by the balls. If you want a NFL sim it's EA or nothing. They don't even try to put out a truly improved product either. It's just "give em the updated rosters and some 'flashy' new feature so they can't say we did nothing".

So is the D line pass rush really improved or do the opposing QBs still find some magical way to get rid of the ball almost every time you should have a sack?

One thing I really hope is improved, but I won't hold my breath, is the CPU stats in franchise mode. Every season there would be like 20 4500yd passers and 5 2000yd rushers. It was absolutely ridiculous. You could have a great year and rush for, say, 1500 yards and you'd still be 16th in the league in rushing. :rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar