Madden 12

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by xpmar9x, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

So the game has been out three hours. What's the bull$h!+ everyone will exploit this year? In 2010 it was throwing to the halfback in the flats. In 2011 the game just sucked.

So what's the verdict?
  2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

Did they bring back playmaker? That was one of the best new features when it was first introduced.
  3. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Special Teams Standout

I think its a pretty big improvement from 2011 and even the demo. I bought it on the season pass and haven't decided if I am going to pick up the game right away or not yet but its definitely an improvement.

Haven't found much to exploit except you might as well run the ball 90% of the time. No one can seem to stop anyone on the run if you mix up the play no matter who your running back is. Tackling is much harder especially in the open field but helps make the game feel more realistic and challenging. Also defense seems to be much easier since they actually cover in zones now. My only knock on it is that the Titans aren't too good which didn't really affect the game play in the past and they changed my playbook slightly so I lost a lot of my go to plays.
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Running the ball is always easy the first few games in every new Madden. It's for the simple reason no one has experience tackling with the small adjustments EA makes to defenses every year..
  6. Obie09

Obie09 Starter

It's such a joke that the game still says NEW YORK TITANS when you play with the titans as they are announcing the teams and doing the coin toss..it's had that for 2 years now. REALLY? you couldn't fix it in 13 months? wow...
  7. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

I got on my cell phone lol.
    Actually really fun for a cell phone game. It has those original PlayStation graphics
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

They also have Jamie Harper's (My #1 back) name that the announcers say... but Jake Locker is not..

Overall, a lazy rehashing of last year's game.
  9. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Harper is probably announced because it is a common name and there are a few Harpers in the NFL.
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

No... They say "Jamie Harper" but they call locker "#10"

I wouldn't have commented on it if it weren't so aggregeous.
    They don't have Mariani or Locker's names in there. a pro-bowl returner and a 1st round pick?? They have reached a new height of laziness.. or a new low of laziness..

This is the first time I've immediately regretted buying a Madden. A roster update of '11 would have been just as sufficient, (even moreso than other years)

They also managed to devolutionize kicking even further, after having it right in '09.

They also say the exact same thing about Finnegan every game, and they also say the exact same thing about the away team having a challenge in the tough stadium every game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.