Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

mac vs pc help

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Fry, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,079
    the only game i play on a cpu is starcraft and starcraft: brood war. starcraft 2 is being developed for both cpu and mac according the blizzard webpage. :wink2:
  2. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $645
    To me the cost of virus software isn't the issue. It is how it bogs down the computer...
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,006
    McAffee YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!! I believed in that crap product and now I just feel like a complete sucker for having paid to extend its time.

Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy saved my computer awhile back. I highly recommend both free products.

And for anyone that still uses Internet Explorer, that's like ****ing a hooker without a condom. You should just expect to get virus's. Making the switch to Firefox was a long overdue move for me, but it's been well worth it. Slightly faster load times and less virus problems.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,479
    Wow, I can't believe we'd have to go over the pros and cons again.

"Fear of change" is NOT a legit objection. If it was, you'd still be playing Ataris and using Windows 95; so don't use that one.... you sound like your grandma.

Free virus protection online = free trojan horses online. Repeat ad infinitum.

My experience is that Macs are NOT expensive... PCs are, and the expense never stops, nor does the downtime. I haven't had a computer crash/ software problem since August of '05 when I bought this iMac. I've had hardware problems (because it's a machine built by short little asian people who make no money), and Applecare paid for it all... no further expense.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,006
    Why do you think that?

Having ran scans with Malwarebytes, Spybot, and McAffee and all three showed my cpu with clean bill of health.
    • Tip Jar Donor

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,479
    Because more often than not, those 'scans' are false, and the scanner is a spybot itself... at least, that's the general consensus from my other online folks who constantly have PC problems.

TROJAN HORSE: A free gift offered with malicious intent; so named in reference to a chapter from Homer's Iliad.
  3. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,079
    i'm definitely leaning towards a mac right now.

is iWork basically like office?
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,383
    And I haven't had a PC crash this century. What's your point?
  4. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $645
    iWork is like Office, but you can get Office for Mac as well. Works great.
    • Tip Jar Donor

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,479
    One that had nothing at all to do with Gunny's PC.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.