mac vs pc help

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Fry, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the only game i play on a cpu is starcraft and starcraft: brood war. starcraft 2 is being developed for both cpu and mac according the blizzard webpage. :wink2:

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

To me the cost of virus software isn't the issue. It is how it bogs down the computer...

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

McAffee YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!! I believed in that crap product and now I just feel like a complete sucker for having paid to extend its time.

Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy saved my computer awhile back. I highly recommend both free products.

And for anyone that still uses Internet Explorer, that's like ****ing a hooker without a condom. You should just expect to get virus's. Making the switch to Firefox was a long overdue move for me, but it's been well worth it. Slightly faster load times and less virus problems.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Wow, I can't believe we'd have to go over the pros and cons again.

"Fear of change" is NOT a legit objection. If it was, you'd still be playing Ataris and using Windows 95; so don't use that one.... you sound like your grandma.

Free virus protection online = free trojan horses online. Repeat ad infinitum.

My experience is that Macs are NOT expensive... PCs are, and the expense never stops, nor does the downtime. I haven't had a computer crash/ software problem since August of '05 when I bought this iMac. I've had hardware problems (because it's a machine built by short little asian people who make no money), and Applecare paid for it all... no further expense.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Why do you think that?

Having ran scans with Malwarebytes, Spybot, and McAffee and all three showed my cpu with clean bill of health.

6. avvie

Because more often than not, those 'scans' are false, and the scanner is a spybot itself... at least, that's the general consensus from my other online folks who constantly have PC problems.

TROJAN HORSE: A free gift offered with malicious intent; so named in reference to a chapter from Homer's Iliad.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'm definitely leaning towards a mac right now.

is iWork basically like office?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And I haven't had a PC crash this century. What's your point?

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

iWork is like Office, but you can get Office for Mac as well. Works great.

10. avvie

One that had nothing at all to do with Gunny's PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar