M. Hoge on espnews...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Yapper, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

All jokes aside what do you guys think the reason is for him gunning Vince down like this? There has to be a reason for it. Unless its just that he thought he wasent going to be good then he found out he was good and diddnt wanna admit he was rong so he continues to say he sucks.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, he can't back down yet. Once he's said those things, he'll stick to them until we see Vince in the playoffs. I think he's probably privately regretting what he said. He'll really regret it next year...

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

In most cases they do.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

He wanted to be the expert that was a little smarter than everyone else and proved everyone wrong, and what better way to do so and get attention to himself than take a shot at one of the most promising football QBs of the decade.

He thought that by the time JF decides to start him, it'll be 2008 and most people would have forgot about his statements.. and if they don't he can always say something like: "well I'm real proud of Vince Young and the short time it took him to learn the Titan's offense, and I'm impressed at Jeff Fisher for taking the time and putting in the extra effort to evolve Vince Young from someone many thought only two years ago would not have a shot in the NFL, to the quarterback we are seeing today. What I'm seeing from Vince is a whole different quarterback from what he was in college.. it looks like its gonna work out for both, the Titans organization and this young quarterback who has matured into a threat for the Titans.. I'm happy for him, and I'm glad the Titans organization made the decision to let him learn from Collins for the last two years, as it would have been a disaster to throw him in the starting lineup from day one."

Ofcourse nobody knew VY would be our starting QB so early in his NFL career. I'm sure he's regretting what he said and is really hoping VY fails so he can save face.

5. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

At one time in my life, I was involved in forecasting. There are two major rules in forcasting:

1. Forecast often. (This way you can change your mind, quickly.)
    2. To gain notoriety, go against the majority.

Hodge is gaining notoriety by his bashing.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

If you notice, a lot of the talking by Hoge was done during our preseason game with the Packers. He was wrong to speculate that Vince would never (insert your favorite here), but reporting what he is seeing is his job.

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

....and what is it that he had possibly seen which has led him to believe that VY would become a bust?.... See thats the issue with that retard hoge.. he's coming up with unwarranted predictions for VY.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I think the fact that Vince hasn't started trusting his arm yet. "Conventional wisdom" in the NFL says you have to be a passer first and runner second. Vince does it like no one else, but remember when Vick first came in the league, it took a while for DC's to put plans together to stop him. Now he really doesn't have much success, because there is no fear of a passing game from him. Vince has to be able at some point to do both equally well.

9. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

Young is not Vick... Young is more Steve McNair. No. 9 was the exact same way coming into the league. The difference between those two is that Young is learning much faster than McNair did. The year we went to the Super Bowl the offense was still basic and Mcnair had a few years of starting under his belt by then. Young is becoming a better passer already. He has the intangibles that you simply cannot teach nor can you measure. He makes players around him better. He makes average players overachieve. He is a special player. I truly believe this. Vick is not in the same class as this guy. Vick is a athlete playing quarterback. Young is a leader playing quarterback. Hodge is a goon and I hope this follows him the duration of Young's career. Jaws wasn't high on Young either but he never went into some bizarro rant about the dismantling of a franchise like Hodge. I think Vince long rodded Mrs Hodge.. Only explanation.....

10. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

mike Vick has no success???you mean the quarteback right now that has like what 950 rushing yards??They seem like they are gameplanning great against him.I dont like Vick at all,and VY is a much smarter passer,and much more efficient.He is a better leader,and has better poise back there in the pocket.He always looks to pass first,and we usually dont see him take-off unless its 3rd down and we need that 1st bad.VY is a better passer than Vick,even though he doesnt have the lazer pointer Vick does,VY does have a very quick release and can put some good heat behind his throws too.VY will only become a better passer,and with time a better runner.Defenses will have trouble gameplanning and then actually stopping him passing and running for years to come,and I'm not going to let some in the words of P.Manning "idiot fullback" take that away from him.I mean Hodge was like a back-up for what 3 years?And the guy thinks he knows what it takes to be a good QB in the NFL.Get real Hodge,sooner or latter I'll be seeing you on foxSports or CSS.You're a joke,and you dont have enough pride in yourself to admit you were wrong,and that you're sorry for the continuos bashing that you kept enduring on VY untill every sports fan and other media analyst were against you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar