M. Hoge on espnews...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Yapper, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Many of the yards in Sunday's game came from two broken plays, one great cutback by Lendale, and one by Henry. Most of the time we were in 2nd and 9 or 10. Last time we played the Colts, vince was in shotgun on 1st down, and Dungy admitted the Colts were playing Nickel. This time they realized that we were running, and tried to shut it down. So yes, they "stuffed" a lot of runs for very few yards this time, compared to the last meeting.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

many of the yards?
    LenDales and Henry long runs combine for just over 50 yards, maybe 60.
    We ran for over 200 yards.

3. plato

plato Camp Fodder

He had to run several times because of the rush... maybe half of those rushes... so 4.5 runs when somebody might or might not have been open.. Let's say twice ther was no one open... so he had 2.5 runs when somebody was open..

7 of VY's runs were on 3rd down and he picked up the first down every time... He also threw 25 times to 10 different recievers and completed 60% of his passes for the second straight week....

Watching the cowboys game Romo threw 4 or 5 passes into the stands because nobody was open or the rush was about to get him..

It happens.. But VY makes big plays out of nothing..

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

We ran for 130 on RUNNING plays, the rest were VY scrambles. So we netted 70 yards minus those two runs.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

100% agreed.

sometimes I wish he woukld just go ahead and tuck the ball already. makes me nuts the way he always runs with it out.

6. plato

plato Camp Fodder

Scares me as well but I'm sure in two or three years he will figure that out.. After all he's not suppose to win a game for several years and is the biggest project in NFL history..

As of right now, nobody can hardley touch him to even cause a fumble in the open field and he does seem to tuck it when he see's contact coming..And the guy has meat hooks for hands..

I heard he had like 20 fumbles at UT his sr. year but somehow recoverd like 17 of them? That's mind blowing..

7. VinceIsGod

VinceIsGod Guest

"I heard he had like 20 fumbles at UT his sr. year but somehow recoverd like 17 of them? That's mind blowing.."

Actually, I don't think that's anywhere near accurate. Maybe if bad snaps were counted, you MIGHT come up with 20 fumbles.

Vince rarely fumbled downfield (when he is carrying the ball like that). It's just something he does, and while it always made me nervous, I overcame it watching all of his heroics game in and game out. He has a great feel for when he is about to get hit, and usually tucks the ball before he gets hit.

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

not necisarrily... but why the heck throw the ball when theres only a 60% chance of the reciever catching it... and then still have to reach the first if they are short.
    vince ran on 3rd down 7 times and got the first every time

100%>60%

make any sense to you? why throw if running is working just as good (if not better) and making the D more tired than passes? not saying he cant pass the ball either... he does have a long way to go but crap man... you can't really ask for a better completion % from any QB.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I was commenting on what someone else said, that Vince is a pass first, run second QB. Right now he isn't, but that's OK as long as he doesn't end up hurt. I just think right now Vince has more confidence in his legs than his arm.

10. Titansfan256

Titansfan256 Guest

WHO FREAKIN CARES if a quarterback has a knack for running when necessary??

If a scrambling QB opens up the offense and gains positive yardage, who are we to judge whether or not he's a good or bad QB? You play to win, right?

I still think he's a damn good passer for a rookie NFL qb, and his running skills complement his passing skills very well!!!

ONE MORE THING: Who died and made Merril Hoge, Sean Salisbury, and Ron Jaworski "experts" at the game of football? Since when did doing a half-assed job in the NFL automatically qualify you to spew "analysis" in front on millions of people? Jaws was NOTHING to phone-home about. Merril Hoge is jealous because 3/4ths of ALL football players have more skills that he ever had, and Sean Salisbury is, well, Sean Salisbury. Come on now...Sean Salisbury??! Scott Mitchell has more credentials at being an "expert" that Sean Salisbury!! You gotta be kidding me!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar