Luke Kuechly...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

If he's on the board at 20, I think we'd have to take him.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He'll fall and be on the board at 20...and we'd better not be the team that gets silly and takes him just because he's there.

He's an alright player. Really all I can say. He's ok.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

He has pretty lanky arms for a linebacker.....reminds me of Ruud

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was trying not to say it, but yes, he reminds me of Rudd, and thats bad lol.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea he had a few good years in Tampa and seemed to live off that. Tampa was real happy to get rid of him.

6. wg53

wg53 Starter

Kuechly would be an excellent Will LB for us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

1. Witherspoon was a major weak spot against the run last year and that was the #1 goal of this DC to improve the run defense. Statistically we were in the bottom 25% in run defense last year. Witherpoon was especially disappointing when we used that 5-2 like set with Ayers over the TE and other backers inside the box.. Kuechly would be ideal for that.

2. Hightower is also a good option because he ads the extra possibility of being an outside pass rusher. He's as big as Wimbley and can play SAM as well as MLB.

3. Isn't that 49er guy among the leaders in tackles every year? So that's no proof he is good?

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Witherspoon is serviceable, but not great and obviously not the long term answer. Kuechly would be an upgrade on both run and pass. Even if he didn't start immediately, he'd add depth and help with special teams and be ready to go year 2.

Kuechly also would be another step towards being able to run a 3-4. Kuechly and McCarthy at ILB would be pretty solid.

There is also more depth at DL than at LB, so it makes sense to go LB first if you feel both are needs and a top guy is still there.

9. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

what do you think about trading spoon and hass to the browns what do you think we could get from them for those two players? 2nd maybe?

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hasselbeck has some trade value, especially to the Browns, but Witherspoon, ehh not much for him. He's a year away from being a back-up.

I think together they could possibly be worth a 3rd, and a 6th. no way a 2nd, and that extra pick would be a nice, but unlikely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar