Luck goes back to Stanford

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

This is great news for the Titans.

Now we can work the draft, by trading down picking up more picks for next year so if he does come out we will have more ammo to trade up.

This is sweet news, it really is. I'd be more than happy trading completely out of the 1st round this year, it's not like we're one defensive player away from being good, we need to stockpile picks here people.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Every time we have done that it has failed miserably.
    Like the Year of the DE, the only one who amounted to anything was Odom, and he had one good year because of Haynesworth

The Year of the WR, where we got no WRs of value.

I'd rather boom or bust on one pick than have a whole bunch of do-nothings.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

And it's not like we are own the other side of the scale either. Depending on how active the FO wants to be in the free agency we could realistically have a good defense in 2011.

All we need is a DT(Barry Cofield, Albert Hanesworth, Stephen Paea, Nick Fairley would all work. Plus we have a chance to grab any of them), a OLB (Bruce Carter Round 2 FTW, then we can move McGrath inside.), and then a safety (Eric Weddle, Melvin Bullitt). If Prince or Peterson falls to use then we have a top ten D again... provided Cecil isn't our DC that is.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't know when underclassmen have to declare but I bet a lot of talented Juniors won't come out if the CBA isn't close by that date.

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Yeah, it could be a pretty lousy draft if the CBA mess drives many back to school.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Well there is one thing holding us back from having a good defense, and I don't believe that getting the people you've named will help that much... CECIL!!!!

There is a 100% chance that if Bud does not replace Cecil then he'll be back for another season. We all know damn well that Fisher won't fire him, he's far, far too loyal.

I do think that if one of the two corners is still on the board at 8 then we stay put, but if either are gone then we should trade down.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If Jeff Fisher wants an opportunity to save his job then I would bet that we see changes at defensive coordinator. Bud Adams has said that he wants changes on the coaching staff and that means either Fisher isn't as safe as everyone assumes or Fisher will be forced to bring in new coaches.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Isn't a rookie pay scale likely to be part of the new CBA? That's what I've been hearing. And based on that I don't understand why anyone with a 1st round grade wouldn't come out this year. If a rookie pay scale happens Luck is likely going to have given up tens of millions of dollars.

I believe the deadline to declare is January 15th.

9. 24

24 Starter

Yep. I think the question might be whether or not there's even a season next year. No one wants to sit out for a year, especially when they could stay in college for one more year.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah. But hell, if it were me I'd rather sit out a year and get that $50+mill guaranteed than play out my final year in college.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar