LP Field to get sod from GA Farm

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Broken Record, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Only when a bunch of 300 lb guys in spikes run up and down the thing for 60 minutes after a rain.

I'm considering Field Turf. :)

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

New England recently discarded a heated field. It was very expensive but they scrapped it for field turf. I bet a system like they had would work great. Building TSU a new football stadium would help a lot too. Tennesee could have the best natural surface in the league but I don't think Adams is too keen on ponying up the big bucks for sophisticated technology or generous enough to make a sizable donation that could really get a TSU Stadium project off the ground.

You don't know Tennessee very well, do you? How long has TSU played home games there? :ha: Good thing this isn't Titans Jeopardy. I'll take The Coliseum for $600 Alex. :grrhee: ah, as stated earlier... "from day one". TSU was a vital component in the Stadium project. Without TSU the political compromise that made everything possible would have not been able to be reached.

Jeff is right about dormant root zones and regeneration. It's very basic. Also the TSU overlaps with Titans football hit the place hard in winter months. Even more considerate scheduling would help... but they play the games anyways. College locks dates in years in advance. I guess the NFL's NY office isn't too concerned with our schedule conflicts. Adams can't have too much pull because for roughly $30 million dollars he could build TSU a first class place like Finley. I sure don't expect that. He looks like a cheap arse next to some other owners. Ever hear of a Camaro being called a poor man's Firebird? Well, it is. That's what the Titans are... a Camaro.

Hell, maybe he could donate $10M and some rich arse TSU alumni can pitch in too, I don't know. I do know that TSU people would rather have a Finley on campus then going into the east side of Nashville. No offense ya'll, but it's kinda like crack town around LP and I-24.. just sayin'.

Now check out this little nugget from the link.
    If you take the time to read about the entire profile of Finley Stadium you'll realize that every effort was made to make it primo. That is why it has hosted so many NCAA Division I-AA national football championships.

They went to AstroTurf Gameday Grass because the surface looked worse than the Mocs.

yay! go Mocs! 3-8!! 5 conference losses!!!:whoop:

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

How many people know about TSU football? Seriously.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm...so...glad...I...go...to...TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Bud should pay for the TSU band to play at every game. I'd love to have them up in one of the endzones playing their stuff instead of the piped-in music we get now.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Are you black? :ha:

ha..ha.. I've seen your homepage... you look like some kind of Montana militia guy in that pic. lol. Really man... that is a tight knit community of alumni who put together the money and political pull to get their name on an NFL Stadium.

6. Deuce Wayne

Funny thing, I'll probably be heading to TSU next year for classes. Should be interesting, but uh I'm down. Yeah. I'm down?
    Montana Militia guy? Are you sure you're thinking of the same person? I'm like, baby-faced type that still looks 15. haha

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

yup. I'm sure. You posted it in this thread.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=27268&highlight=myspace

It looks as if you have deleted it. You had some long blog all about the social injustice in that place in Africa W has ignored while we have waged war upon the lands of those with more mineral wealth and resources. Not making a political statement but it was a bunch of leftist humanitarian stuff.

From a critical standpoint it came across to the reader as if you believed no one in your audience had even heard of Darfur. That was kind of alienating.
    [​IMG]
    I clearly remember the picture in the myspace and the strong feelings associated with Darfur. You were wearing a hat like this.
    [​IMG]
    It wasn't a really great big pic or anything... but the hat seemed to be more camo. More like this one.
    [​IMG]

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

down with what?

I could get down with some Field Turf. I'd be fine with it.

9. Deuce Wayne

Slang man. "I'm down". And the typical American (until very recently) hadn't heard of Darfur. Anyway, nah it was a Goorin Bro's hat:
    [​IMG]
    but grey.

10. Rick1timer

Rick1timer Guest

When will Fisher and Bud realize that we need FIELD TURF!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar