LP Field impressions?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

How many LP's can you find in the picture.

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

The stadium has always sort of sucked. By far, the best stadium I've been to is the Baltimore Ravens. Their scoreboards are amazing. It's like they have plasma wide screens on their scoreboards. And the raven graphics are top notch.

I too am sick of the hidden peanut under the helmet. Is it just me or when they reveal the helmet that the peanut is under, does it look like the helmet took a dump and out comes the peanut? I am also sick of the "pain train" and guess the temperature. There's got to be new gimmicks!

I was sitting in a suite and they didn't have the sound properly piped in so you couldn't hear what was going on. You couldn't see the graphics on the scoreboard unless you dipped your head way low and looked sort of sideways. The only thing good was the food! Oh, and the drinks....

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Terry Tate is the only thing worth keeping. gotitansgo is lame. Guess the temperture is poor... I don't recall the EZ recliner thing... did they do that? They should put me up there running the video clips and junk... I'd hook it up.! :winker:

On a positive note some of the song selections seemed better.

4. metal957

metal957 Starter

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RzToNo7A-94"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RzToNo7A-94" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. Scotty35

Scotty35 Guest

The LP signs on the scoreboard reminded me of Post it notes.

6. titanmeister

titanmeister North End Zone Rules

The Stadium

I didn't mind the LP logo. As pointed out they paid big bucks for it. My gripe is the stale corny promos and contests. Same old stuff every year. I would prefer just some nice music and maybe some football highlights on the Board. I'm so sick of some yahoo screaming Go Titans after some lame *** promo. It's always been clear to me that the Titans stole most of their ideas from the Predators after the Preds had so many positve reviews for thier antics in the first couple of years here. But that was 1998 guys. It's time to move on and get creative or just shut up.

Plus T-Rac's act is getting very old. The silly little pre-game fights with some dude in the other teams jersey was funny once. Let it go. Leave your mini-bike at home and just walk up and down the sidelines and stay out of the way. T-Rac has always had Gnash envy anyway. I'm a Preds season ticket holder also and T-Rac has copied Gnash consistently. The orginal Gnash was a very creative mascot but, his successor and T-Rac are very average.

7. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

It could be worse...Imagine if Donald Trump had bought the naming rights !

They may be saying - Hey, we're selling out every game..Why change.

I agree though, as much money as is generated, they can afford to do better. make improvments on the board. They could also afford to hire a creative person or firm to come up with some new stuff...

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:brow:

[​IMG]

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ya know, having lived in Nashville my whole life and being around the event entertainment industry i've seen alot of 'attempts' at this and that

the theory is that "keep it simple stupid" appeals to the broadest audience
    and keeping it simple is usually connected with "keep it familiar"
    at least it is in the Middle Tennessee area.
    Media outlets such as WSMV Channel 4 or events like the Grand Ole Opry are largely unchanged within the past decade (or longer) . Boring to me... but the 'townfolk' still eat it up

Personally, I like change
    I'll watch NewsChannel2 now instead of 4 (out-dated) or 5 (Hope Hines) because they drive me to tears .... seriously, we have some of the least-inspired (i'm being nice here) newscasters in the region. Some similar sized markets put ours to shame
    Nashville radio used to be the same way (although some stations have made some changes ... and well worth it)
    102.9theBuzz finally came around to deliver a good rock station. it used to be Pearl Jam and Nirvana all day long. Now, you can get your Staind on with a side of Iron Maiden :beerbang:
    104.5theZone (previously a Classic Rock station) and 106.7theFan Radio bring a fresh talk radio forum to town
    CMT events like the Video Music Awards (Flameworthy) and CrossRoads brought along a hipper side to television

I think maybe Titan event coordinators view new or radical 'scripts' as risks, preferring to keep at what they now so as to not offend or 'put-off' any of it's 60,000+ attendees ..... or maybe they just aren't very creative
    ~perhaps some creative minds can come up with a few new ideas, that is if the Preds haven't done it first. The Preds do a good job considering the 40 somethign games a year

and I'm with ya ..... it's time for some new tricks

10. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Could we all agree they could at least fix the scoreboard ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar