LP Field Conduct Policy Enforcement Will Drive Fans Away

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Compared to other NFL teams, Titan prices are low. Not everyone can afford the big league, if you can't that's OK.

$60 is not too high here, since the season has long been sold out already. Plenty of people can afford it here, some speculate on re-selling them for a profit if the team is doing well and the demand increases even more.

If you can't stomach losing seasons in the NFL, you shouldn't be a PSL holder.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

TJ- I completely agree it should cut both ways. The problem I have is three-fold.

First, people are ejected from an anonymous (or somewhat) text. This does not allow an opportunity for the alleged person to defend themselves or as it appeared last PM- not even a period of observation to confirm what the person is saying actually occurred.

Second, the description of "prohibted behavior" is purposefully vague and subjective. I understand the need for this- it allows the security personnel leeway to wield authority. Unfortunately, the personnel I saw last night was either poorly trained, educated or unwilling to exercise proper judgement in this instance.

And lastly, there is no discussion or warning. I guarantee you if these guys had been informed of what behavior they were exhibiting was inappropriate they would have stopped immediately. I imagine this is the case in over 95% of persons who are deemed to violate the policy. They are summarily tried and sentenced with one simple motion of sending a text. A much better method would for the security staff to issue a warning to persons to include what type of behavior and then to observe these persons to see if it persists. I fully support their removal if they continue with the behavior.

I was so more angry last night with the organization than I was with the poor play on the field.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You could always segregate the home and away crowd. That's the norm in Europe anyway and it seems fairly successful at eliminating those kind of issues.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It was REALLY stupid in '04 or '05 with empty stadiums. People paid for those tickets, and they didn't unload them for cheap, they just preferred to leave them empty!! Sell the damn things for 10 dollars, I don't understand that rationale.

But anywho, last year, Titans were undefeated, I got Texans/Titans tickets for 20 dollars a piece on ebay. I'm not kidding, great deal.
    For some reason, this year, when they suck I can't find tickets for under 50 it seems like.

But anyway, you can't get crappy colts seats for under 60-70 dollars, anywhere. Having a consistent win % does that for your tickets. that place is dreary. It really is, I went to a lot of games last year at Lucas Oil, and one this year.. and that place is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Losing the RCA dome took the wind out of the fans it seems like. But anyway... I'm rambling.

5. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

this is odd. during the preseason Steve Underwood came down to our seats and started talking to my brother who had moved to the row in front of us to make more space as those fans didn't show up. apparently several people had texted saying that there was a problem in those seats, but it was my brother and my nieces just sitting there watching the game.

eventually he apologized for the inconvenience and gave my brother a couple titans pins before he left.

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I am assuming it was in the club level seats?
    I say that because it would not be surprising at all.

7. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

There are plenty of people that feel the prices are fair and will pay the prices. Selling tickets is not problem.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

LAME!

I hope those guys try something, at least get those stadium cops removed from working the Titans game.

Never had anything similar happen. The most problems I've had are with the police directing traffic to the game. I can't say what I'd like to see happen to them sometimes, it would be too offensive.

At the Texans game I witnessed someone getting arrested and overheard something about coke in the bathroom. I've seen a few get arrested for fighting in the stadium but that's legit.

I thought the crowd at LP was great at least in the sense that it was a really full stadium. I thought it sucked that I had two homeless people ask me for cigs and money on the way in, and I was accosted by a few meth heads and that was odd.

It was a pretty strange night. I'm just starting to feel back to normal.

9. LasombraKnight

LasombraKnight Camp Fodder

While I don't necessarily like a policy that allows someone to be ejected via text message without a chance to defend him/herself, it's pretty clear that the persons ejected did cross the line and deserved to be kicked out.

In a family friendly public environment, there is no excuse for shouting vulgarities. There is never an excuse for calling a woman a bit**. Cheer, taunt, root for the Titans all you want, but don't revert to the kindegarten playground and start calling names.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't know enough about the official policy, but I'd bet it requires either multiple reports, OR observation by the yellow-jacket-ers.

I agree with TJ's point that it shouldn't be taken out on opposing fans. Meanspirited home fans are as bad as opposing fans.

I haven't seen any negative instances, though I've seen people asked to leave on several occassions over the years. All were desereved, mostly for being too drunk to be in public, or cursing far too loudly with so many kids around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar