lousy relationships

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by avvie, Sep 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

..because Ray Rice.

tl;dr: don't get in one and don't stay in one.

I can't tell you how happy I am that I dodged a bullet and did NOT marry that stupid redneck fiancee I had in NC. Great T&A but I certainly did not love her...just thought I couldn't do any better and settled.

When it's birthday, Valentine's or anniversary time with my current wife we both get annoyed because all the greeting cards have some silly remark about making up after fights and not breaking up while angry, etc etc... Well screw that. Six years together, only one spat, it was in the first two weeks, it was my fault and I apologized and it hasn't happened since.

If you're regularly getting in fights with each other you are with the wrong person, period. Get out. If you get in fights a lot in ALL your relationships, the problem is probably your own selfishness. Stop dating anyone until you fix this. You don't have to be right about everything, and you probably aren't anyway.

Trust in your concerned friends. If you ever find yourself saying "...but you don't understand; she's different when it's just me and her!" then you are wasting your life on the wrong person.

"Hot" is nice to look at but hard to talk to. "Sexy" has nothing at all to do with figure. A woman can be very sexy without being hot. Sexy is a personality trait, not a visual appeal. If you don't understand this then you haven't met a sexy woman yet. Keep looking for her. If you find yourself attracted to someone whom you would not "normally" find attractive, that's probably her. If she's giving up the P a little too quickly and then showing up on the second date driving a U-Haul, that's probably NOT her.

Our media focus is usually on abusive males, but don't let that throw you: a huge percentage of domestic violence is driven by females. If your wife or gf is an abusive *****, get out.

Who you are is NOT defined by who you date or what she looks like. There's a huge difference between wanting her to be with you and wanting to be with her. Date someone supportive, not someone who's just an accessory.

The best piece of advice came from a much older woman who better explained the wisdom behind abstinence: When you have sex with someone you become in a way bonded to that person. This sucks if it's before you find out whether or not she's datable material (see the U-Haul comment above). If you're out for a good time, then whatever, it doesn't matter; but if you're actively trying to find your soul mate then slow and sensible is definitely the batter path.

FWIW, YMMV, IME, etc etc

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If your relationship with your other half can be defined using any of these smiles, cut you losses and get out
    :chuck::catfight::stfu::whack::chairwack::hang::deadhorse::injured::runhills:

#2 JCBRAVE, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

We are all here for you @Scarecrow

Thanks Avvie for making this a safe place to share.

The things we must all remember:

1. Bitches ain't ****

2. These hoes ain't loyal, ohhhh no dey ain't...

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I've made the mistake of shacking up with some skank only to try and kick her out about 8-9 months later. I never thought I would be the one to have the cops threatened to be called on me because she would say that I hit her. Changed the way I looked at relationships in general.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. XO

XO Nevada Native

I bet @Titans Eternal has the best crazy ex stories.

@JCBRAVE has none. His wife be on making cupcakes and cleaning the house while the kids watch Disney.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The 3 years I've been married have been very good, that's all I'll say.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. XO

XO Nevada Native

That Stepford wife

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Iron Fist.

9. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Mine can be defied by two old farts sitting in the same room, not talking to each other... And I'm 30 and she's 24. lol

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I bet that redneck from NC gave good blowies though.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar