Louisiana

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

man I hate Jazz ... the music and the basketball team

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

As I said, I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I don't think that prevents me from making a decision about my preferences. We make plenty of assertions on this board without knowing everything about what we're talking about.

Just because you love Bonnaroo doesn't mean that everyone else has to feel the same way. It's not for everybody.

And again, I'm sorry for offending you, that was not my intention at all. I just wanted to express my preference for Jazzfest.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't expect anyone to feel the same way I do. I love Bonnaroo AND Jazzfest. No need to put one down to build up the other.

I never said I was offended, I just asked the (rhetorical;)) question, "Why some people always got to hate on Bonnaroo?"
    I guess the rhetorical answer is, to show how much they like something different...:rolleyes:

4. GoTitans3801

I'm sorry that your so bothered by someone with a different opinion. I doubt that you really meant it that way, but I don't think hate is an appropriate description of what I did. Heck, I kept myself from posting on the Bonnaroo thread why I never go beacuse I didn't want to rain on your parade, and I'm glad that you do go and enjoy it. I think Jazzfest is better, and I don't think it's mean spirited to say it.

5. Hoffa

Why some people got to keep hating on Bonnaroo?...

[​IMG]

...give peace a chance...

6. GoTitans3801

I'd say mostly because the people that like it can't accept that some people don't. Not even that actually, but that some other people don't think that it's the best, most amazing music experience ever.

Yes, I know you're just enjoying egging me on.

7. Hoffa

"You may say that I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one..."

[​IMG]

...stop the hate, children...

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Louisiana, Where people dont work, just sit in the house playing music hoping to get famous and never do. then when a crisis hit they cry about how the government didnt help them.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

When people say they hate jazz i just assume they have not spent any time trying to appreciate it.

It's not like listening to air supply or bread.

Personally i like it that way great art is not supposed to be too popular.

I do notice that jazz is a cool answer people like to give when asked what music they like even if they only listen to it 3% of the time. A guy will have 100 CDs, maybe 3 jazz CDs but he will pretend to be a big jazz fan anyway.

And since those 3 CDs are usually miles and trane, maybe sombody named marsalis(Kind of blue-Blue train-Love Supreme) i avoided the works until after i had explored several other artists first and i feel like i'm better off for it.

Jazz is a major part of my life and it al started on the streets of New Orleans. It's our music!

10. Hoffa

I don't why they call it Jazzfest, when the majority of people playing there are not jazz acts...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar