Louisiana

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Peace and love are fine. Dirty and smelly aren't. Hey, you go do what you love, and I'm glad you do, but it's not the place for me.

I also like Jazzfest because it's got a broader range of music. Gospel tent, Zydeco stage, etc...

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

There are lots of ways to take showers at Bonnaroo, lot's of RV's there
    I love jazzfest, I just don't need to justify how good it is by comparing it to a totally different kind of music fest...

3. GoTitans3801

Oh come on. Yes, I probably should have said "for my personal tastes, Jazz Fest beats the heck out of Bonnaroo," but it really wasn't that bad, was it?

4. Hoffa

Apples are great, much better than sticky oranges...

5. GoTitans3801

I think it's legit to compare fruit, or in this case, music festivals. It's not like we're comparing an apple to a ceiling fan... if you're going that far, why would we compare football teams, they're made up of different players, different coaches with different styles and philosophies. Why would you compare restaurants? They make different food and sometimes have different customer bases.

Comparison and preference are legit, man. Not trying to come down on your good time, just indicating my preference. I thoroughly enjoy your stories and pictures from Bonnaroo every year, I just don't want to be there myself.

6. Hoffa

How can you compare Bonnaroo to anything, if you've never been?
    I've been to both, and I can tell you they're both great in their own unique way.

Since this thread is about Louisiana, I can tell you Jazzfest is a great thing about that state, no need to bring down Bonnaroo, which is a great thing that happens in Tennessee...

7. GoTitans3801

I may not have been, but I've been interested in it, and I've talked to a bunch of people who have been. I've seen pictures, read stories, and watched videos from it. I don't claim to be an expert on it, but I think it's ok for me to express an opinion.

Again, I'm just stating my preference, it's totally ok with me that you feel differently.

I brought it into this thread as a comparison. How great is Jazzfest? Well, to me, Jazzfest is far better than Bonnaroo. People know Bonnaroo, it's a big deal, especially here in TN. I pointed out differences in the two that I thought made it better, in order for someone who has only been to Bonnaroo, or only heard of Bonnaroo, to understand.

8. Hoffa

Makes no sense. There are some people who would love Bonnaroo and hate Jazzfest, and vice versa. Like saying the World Series is better than the NBA finals...

9. GoTitans3801

Yes, Hoffa, people have different opinions on things! Amazing!

We compare many things on this board, I don't think it's wrong to state an opinion that one thing is better than another, and I think that they are similar enough things to compare. They're both outdoor music festivals on a national scale. The list of artists who have played both is a mile long.

In a thread about how great Louisiana is, I said that it has a music festival that I think is significantly better than our local music festival. It's not unfounded hate, it's not an irrelevant comparison, and it wasn't meant to make people feel bad about Bonnaroo! There may be people who hate Jazzfest and love Bonnaroo, and they can feel free to discuss that in this thread. I'll be happy to discuss the differences and various benefits. I don't think that should prevent me from stating my own conclusion.

I think Jazzfest is the best music festival in the country. If you're interested in Louisiana, one thing to look into would be Jazzfest. That's really all I was trying to get across.

10. Hoffa

That's OK, keep the hate...I didn't really expect an answer to my question...

And Washington is a better state than Louisiana, I've never been to Washington but I've seen some videos and talked to some people that have, so I know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar