Looks Like Young Might Ride The Short Bus

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ChitownTitan, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My point is that it leaked out (not a pun... really...) that he had violated the substance abuse policy and we know he failed a test. This despite the fact that the NFL doesn't release such info (like the wonderlic results).

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Charlie Casserly, Houston Texans GM, at the podium behind myself and Matt right now. One of the first questions? Did Vince Young really score a six on the Wonerlic?

According to Casserly, who referred to a 'reliable source,' it's a definite no. Young did not score a six on the Wonderlic.

So that's the latest.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/article.jsp?id=6921

Looks like it's an attempt to make Vince look bad.

3. Man, he couldn't even score a 6? It's even worse than we thought... :ha:

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought the NFL had released that info. I found this just now:

"Two different news sources are reporting that Dolphins running back Ricky Williams has failed a drug test, though team and league officials have not confirmed the reports."

5. TitanJeff

Now it's looking like it may have been a mistake. Sheesh.

"Houston Texans general manager Charley Casserly said at the NFL Combine Sunday, Feb. 26, he had heard about Texas QB Vince Young's score on the Wonderlic test. He also said he heard from a good source that the test results were inaccurate. 'Yes, I have been told it was inaccurate, by a source good enough for me to stand up here and quote it. Otherwise I wouldn't get up here and just say it,' said Casserly."

And the same BS rag which "broke" the story now says it was a mistake.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

The funny thing is Florio claimed the Tennessean "corroborated the reports" when it only said "word outside began to spread that Young scored a six on the Wonderlic test given to prospects."

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

This is getting weird. You can't mess up grading a Wonderlic and definately not in a way that yields a score of 6. Secondly I'm assuming the recycle the test for several of the athlestes, and if it was a problem with the test others should have had low numbers too.

7. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

If he does not care about the wonderlic, how many things does he care about than the dollar signs?
    The score would give me serious pause to picking him third....at the least it means he does not take things seriously when he cannot see the value in them....you do have to do more in the nfl at that position that run well and throw from strange side arm motions.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Just let them play madden. And score those results.

9. TitanJeff

I'm sure a lot will come out on this tomorrow but it appears everyone in that group was scored wrong.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

ProfootballTalk is the People Magazine of the NFL...wait too good...The National Enquirer...again...to good....

The Weekly World News of Football. The one with Bat Boy on the cover.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar