Looks Like Young Might Ride The Short Bus

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ChitownTitan, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiper has said that Cutler has been overhyped and isn't in the same class as Leinart and Young. I disagree with him, but that's the reason he has Cutler ranked at #15.

It's rare for all the draft experts to agree on anything, but they usually have the same guys at the top. This year, Cutler is one of those rare big names that create a lot of disagreement on where he fits in.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maximus...

It's not the questions that make the wonderlic hard it is the time limit of 12 minutes. With 50 questions that means you have only 15 seconds per question. While working out the ultimate answer to the questions is not always difficult it does take time. That's why only one player has ever scored a 50(a punter from harvard) and rarely do players score more than 40.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Starkiller...

I used to think cutler was about the 15th best player but after his workouts he has to have moved up at least 5 spots. Before i would have thought there was no chance we could get cutler but now it's not outrageous to think we could get him with the third pick.

But what if lienart really does well in his usc workouts? Do we consider trading up to get him? This decision will effect this team for many years to come.

4. I can't see the Titans trading up at all. We already are without a 3rd round pick. I can't see Floyd Reese giving up his 2nd as well.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I highly doubt that it would cost us a 2nd in this year's draft to move up 1 slot. Besides that, the only way that NO would even think about it is if we weren't planning on taking the player they wanted... which everyone thinks will be Leinart.

6. Well, we don't have a #3 to trade (not that a #3 would be enough to move up 1 spot), so it would have to cost us our #2.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Kiper has Young going #3.

8. Young will be talked about as the #1 after his Pro Day.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Well, as long as we were dealing with NO and they thought we were not going to take the player that they wanted (or if they had two players rated equally).. and they had no better offers, there is no reason why they wouldn't take some 2nd day picks to make the trade. After all, they still get the player they want, get to pay him less, and get some extra picks to boot. The trade chart is more of a guide than a rule.

10. 2nd day picks aren't going to get it done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar