Rumor Looks Like We are Stuck with Webster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kenny, Dec 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

Titans GM Ruston Webster involved in research ahead of coaching hire - Tennessee Titans Blog- ESPN

From the way this article reads it appears we are stuck with Webster again. I pray this is just smoke being blown up his skirt. I cannot stand the idea of another year of this guy leading this team.

However from the way it reads we will be dealing with another year of poor talent evaluation & acquisition. Webster seems very confident that he will be the GM this time next year.

From the Article:
    Webster said he doesn’t have doubts he’s going to be part of the process after the season, which means he’d continue in his role.

“I would presume,” he said. “Amy’s been real good to me. She’s really been very supportive. I’m dealing with here a lot and dealing with this whole situation and trying to get this thing turned around.”

It concerns me greatly. If he helps decide the next HC and stays on; then he will likely be here as long as the next HC. So we will either be dealing with Webster for much longer than I would like; or play musical chairs at HC. Neither scenario seems like a good one for us as fans. If Webster is let go after hiring a HC most new GMs have a guy they would like as HC. Getting one forced on you will likely not work well.

Man..... I was really hoping for a clean slate & fresh start for this team. I was really looking forward to this team finally turning it around. I have NO faith it will happen as long as Webster is running this team.

This is one reason I did not want Underwood back in the mix. He stays way too loyal to people he knows and likes; such as Webster. Underwood as CEO, Webster as GM, and a new HC....... seems like the same situations we just went through with Munch & Whiz.

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results?? Well here we go again.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. kenny

kenny Starter

I know it may be premature, but I fully expect Webster to be back.

3. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

You're jumping. Let it play out.

Even if he stays, he's always been a good scout. If you can balance him out with a head coach who actually has final decision making abilities like a Chip Kelly or a Sean Payton. He's prob fine.

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Yea that's what was being lamented about on 104.5 today. he's playing the good soldier and doing everything he can to save his ass.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What else do you expect Strunk to do?

"Hey, Webbie. We're going to start the new HC search. Can you maybe use your time to find some good local restaurants for us to take the candidates to lunch?"

• LOL LOL x 4
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I don't get to listen to Nashville radio. What's the popular opinion on the guy?

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Everybody hates him and wants him gone, but I must admit, a lot of the callers that call in sound pretty f****ing stupid. Like the guy the other day saying we should consider Jimmy Johnson as the new HC.

I highly recommend streaming 1o4.5 the Zone from 6:00am CST to 6:00pm CST for sports news relative to the Titans. If not, just for the laughs.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
  8. kenny

kenny Starter

I would expect that IF they were planning on a GM change they would do it. Not have the guy currently in the job do the research for some one else. If a new GM is coming in; I am sure he would want to do his own research. If he is worth hiring he would anyway.

The fact that he is still here while the new HC is being researched points to him staying. If they were going to hire a new GM they would have gotten rid of Webster and focused on a GM hire by now. That is the only way they could be ready in time to hire a decent HC.

Be real here. There is no way they are researching a new HC for a GM that they have not even spoken to yet. That just does not even make sense. Every GM is responsible for the way the HC brings the team along. What GM would want to come in and lead a Franchise with a HC that they have no research or input in hiring??

9. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

There are two different ways you can go about in researching and doing your homework on potential head coaches. You can give the duty to someone you're already paying on staff, which Ruston and Steve are. Or you can hire a research firm which prob costs more money than Strunk wants to spend on the process.

Ruston is there. He is the only experienced player personal guy and more importantly admin guy when it comes to players on the club. You couldn't just drop him. The season is not over yet and he brings valuable insight to the team and there is still a job here for him. If he is still here a month after the season. Speak out...A lot. I'll be with you.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

This is

[​IMG]

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar