Looks like Tulloch is probably gone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Some people seem to be confused as to position. Witherspoon's best position has always been on the weak side unless they feel he has slowed down to the point where he's a liability in coverage or they think Curran is ready. I have never been one to think you can just move guys around and the technique and reads from the middle are so different from the weak side.

Sessions has always been been a weak side guy for the Colts and is best there. He wasn't even a back up to Brackett inside last year. Sessions has a 2nd rd tender so he will stay in Indy another year.

FYI Tulloch has a first rd tender so i seriously doubt anybody wants to give that up including the Lions. He will be back for another year and then Mcgrath and Mccarthey can fight for that spot.

Mcgrath's natural position is 4-3 MLB. He is probably better there than as a SAM where he has been playing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Nope, that was last year. I'm pretty sure he's a UFA by the new rules, he's entering his 6th season.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

remove High5 from bammerboi and give it to Smash

done and done - lol

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ok he was a 1st rd tender last year and is indeed an UFA this year. I stand corrected.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Ayers at SLB, Witherspoon at WLB and let McRath and McCarthy battle it out at MLB. Maybe I should be worried about this situation, but I'm not. The Titans need a young generation of LBs to step up and this could be it.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

^^ Still,...good assessment. I've kind of been wondering about some fans assesment of our LB situation as well.

FWIW, Tulloch has played very well for us. Who cares if he doesn't cause a lot of turnovers, he's been solid against the run and has been all over the field. MLB's aren't supposed to run down RB's from behind or cover TE's in one on one situations. They're supposed to stop the run and cover their zone when asked to. Tulloch has done that as good as anybody.

Hopefully he remains a Titan. I still don't understand our fanbase that wants to get rid of all of our good players. CJ, Tulloch, Britt, Vince...

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What should we pay for Tulloch?

I think a contract similar to what Amano and Brown got last year would suffice. A 5 year $25M type deal with $7-8M guaranteed.

He's only 26 so a long term deal like that makes more sense than a short term deal with a guy like Barnett.

I like tullloch, i think he is a good guy who won't turn to crap just because he's got some money. We should lock him up and look to improve other areas of the team.

I have brought this up before about players but why don't we lock guys up the year before they become free agents? A 4th rd pick like that is only making about $700K a year and would be motivated sign a deal rather than wait a year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agreed with most of your post but Tulloch is only 26 1/2 years old it is not like he is an older player. He is only a year and a half older than Mcgrath.

Only if they genuinely think that one of the other guys can do better should we have that attitude and I can't see how they would think that.

We don't know what Mccarthey can do and Mcgrath has little experience inside for us. Tulloch has been a solid run defender and doesn't miss games from injury. He always hustles and plays hard. Why would we not want to keep a guy like that?

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Hopefully we do keep him. I'm hoping its moreso fans opinions than coaches.

Remember back when some fans believed Kerry gave us the best chance to win?

Tulloch has been a solid player for us. A bright spot on a defense that has been struggling the past 2 years.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Detroit signed Justin Durand so it looks like they may be backing off of Tulloch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar