Looks like Tulloch is probably gone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Based on a CBS Sports report, Jim Schwartz and the Lions have made Tulloch a huge offer. Nothing is official yet, but I'm guessing that he's gone.

I'm not that sad to see him go. He was a one-trick pony IMO. Put up huge tackle numbers, but he never forced turnovers, he couldn't blitz effectively and his pass coverage was really bad.

Where do the Titans go now (assuming Tulloch is gone)? Paul Posluszny just signed with the Jaguars, so that leaves Barrett Ruud as the one remaining "big name" free agent MLB. Ruud is, in a lot of ways, a similar player to Tulloch. Some of the same limitations.

The Titans could maybe put Will Witherspoon in the middle. Or maybe just roll with Colin McCarthy (4th round pick). Or sign a veteran cast-off, like Kirk Morrison (Jags might release him).

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

What about Nick Barnett. The Packers let him go yesterday. That might be a good signing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TorontoTitanFan

Forgot about him. That could work.

4. 24

24 Starter

Move Witherspoon back inside, look for OLB. Hell, I'm even open to bringing back Bulluck.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Tulloch is so overrated.

Hey, TitansJeff...a lot of those players on the banner are going to have to be replaced :)

6. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Barnett was good for several years. Why was he released? Has his production tailed off?

7. TorontoTitanFan

I think it was cap reasons. The Packers have a better and cheaper ILB in Desmond Bishop.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He was hurt last year, and they were happy with what they had, they won the superbowl without him. Kind of like a Shockey situation for the Giants.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He finished last year on IR and the Packers signed Desmond Bishop and AJ Hawk to play ILB, while Barnett has a big cap number.

Tulloch can go to Detroit for all I care, he'll probably play well there. Suh and Farley taking up blocks in the middle will allow him to run free and make hundreds of tackles without actually impacting the game.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think he was due a big sum of money this year and they didn't have the cap room. He'd be perfect for us. He'd certainly help the D and give us the LB we need to help in coverage that we desperately needed last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar