Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Nov 14, 2011.
A) I agree Jeff Fisher was a horrible coach and I'm glad he is gone. My only regret is that he wasn't released in '09.
B) If you want to argue Young do it pre- and post- '08 Jacksonville debacle.
- (2006) He sat a rookie QB that no one assumed was NFL ready. That is 100% his right as a NFL head coach. I see no problem in him sitting Young for that first couple of starts because Young needed to be sat. Look at how well he played after sitting for a whole season in '08.
- (2007) He let Young start and put on what might be the worse QB play I've ever seen someone play an entire season and did absolutely nothing to undermine him.
- (2008) Young didn't want to go out on the field in Jacksonville after struggling and benched himself. Got injured. Then benched.
- (2009) Decided to go with the QB that had just won him 13 games a season ago. If you want to use this as your big example go ahead but Kerry Collins was not main the reason we went 0-6 to start the season that year. We had a bad defense and a tough first half to the schedule. I think of all the games we lost Young may have had us at 2-4 instead of 0-6.
- (2010) Fisher played a Fisherball the same way he did with Collins and McNair (for the most part) and we were winning because of it. Young got injured in the Jacksonville game. Fisher gave him a week to recover while Collins beat the Eagles then played him in San Diego where Young got re injured. After the bye Fisher sat him against the Dolphins which wasn't so bad considering that he had just re injured himself two weeks ago. After that was the Washington game where Young went on IR.
great now I remember again... Dude I had all that pretty real purged.
Fisher wanted Leinart draft day, he made that very clear. In other words, he never wanted Vince. He was forced to draft Vince, he was forced to start him week 4 his rookie season, he was forced to start him week 7 after the 0-6start. It's the truth.
If Fisher was just trying to win the best way he knew how, how come in 5 of 6 starts Collins threw the rock 30 or more times, when in 2 seasons with a 90 QB rating Vince only threw it 30 or more times twice, and at a very good efficiency?
Not buying it. Collins got the keys to the offense while VY got the training bra. Doesn't exactly scream "This guys my starter I'm behind him". Especially when he was FORCED to bench Collins TWICE in favor of the clear better QB Young.
STOP IGNORING THE FACTS. A Collins gameplan was nothing like a VY gameplan.
Just a theory, but if you liked one QB more than the other, which one would you give more pass attempts to try and inflate their stats a little?
Collins in 2010 in 6 starts 30+ attempts 5 times
VY in 2009 AND 2010 in 18 starts 30+ attempts 2 times
numbers don't lie
I keep seeing this thread updated with new posts, but I'm too smart to read them LOL. I'm happy with everything I've suppressed with alcohol.