Looks like it's Vince Young time

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Nov 14, 2011.

?
  1. Yes. I'm still a fan of VY.

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. No. I'd be pleased to see him struggle.

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. I don't care either way. He's no longer a Titan.

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I'll take that bet. Seriously, please.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I still like Young I hope he starts and does well. This is also partly because I can't stand Vick.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Good luck with that. Fisher set him up to succeed in 2009. The mob was yelling to start him in weeks 5 and 6 against Indy and NE but Fisher waited til the bye and VY got Jax, SF, Buff, Houston and Arizona all terrible teams.

Not so fortunate for VY next week. The Eagles are at NYG coming off a loss then NE, then at Seattle.

Meanwhile Jeff Fisher took your small market Titans to two AFC Championship games with only one Hall of Famer on his last leg (Matthews).

Only Pittsburg, NE, and Indy made more AFC Championship Game appearances while Fisher was with the Titans and those 3 teams were/are lined with Hall of Famers. For those that are a bit slow there are 16 AFC teams and only 3 made it to the Championship conference game more than Fisher's Titans.

But yeah, support Vince Young. He's been treated so bad.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Nutswinging slurpers piss me off

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Vince Young is the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise.

20 years from now, no matter what VY goes on to do, we will still be going back and forth about this guy.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ahh so Fisher is good enough to get there but because he doesn't have Hall of Famers he has an excuse for not being good enough.

Pathetic.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Vince Young vs. Matt Leinart in the Superbowl, start of a Magic Johnson/Larry Bird type rivalry.

(Anyone remember VY make that comparison when they were drafted?)

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't but it would not surprise me. Leinart had almost as many projected MVP awards as Luck has.

9. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

Should Vince play, I believe he will play well enough to start yet another ridiculous QB controversy.

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

How in THE HELL was he the worst thing to happen?

Rookie season, he basically saved the season, giving hope, winning ROTY, making ridiculous plays. Before VY came in, were we not 0-6 and verging on the pathetic? Did he not go 8-2 his rookie season? K then. Next.

He had more impact than people give credit in the run game, fact. He kept LBs at bay every play.

Did he or did he not go like 37-14 ? [something like that]

I couldnt give two shts about he downsides, because they are still not enough to be "the worst" thing that has happened here. Get a clue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar