Breaking News Looks like Bill O'Brien is headed to the Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Dec 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

He'll be like Charlie Weiss...without the tummy tucks.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Hoffa sighting!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

O' Brien is overrated. Hell, Bo Pelini (head coach at Nebraska) is 2-0 against him and he himself is a bad head coach.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Agree. I'm a Husker fan and I hate Pelini.

5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN from me and @mortreport: Bill O'Brien has reached agreement to become the new head coach of the Houston Texans, per sources.

Hopefully Munch heads to Penn State!

6. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Munch can go home now, let him go Tommie.

If you love him, you will set him free!

7. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

FREE MIKEY! I know Munch wants that Penn St. job bad.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I will preface this by saying that I have absolutely no idea whether or not O'Brien is going to be a successful NFL HC. However, this here is EXACTLY why you don't dick around when it comes to making a coaching move. The Texans have already taken one of the top candidates off the board and our FO is sitting here with their thumbs up their butt not even having scheduled the post-season meeting with Munch.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

this is the one thing that really frustrates me as a fan, to see other franchises make the moves they should make and when I look at the Titans, lately we have not done anything positive to move forward to progress in to next season by improving the coaching staff! I don't like change for the sake of change but you need it to improve.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Dman, don't stress it so much. Statistically speaking O'brien has a much higher chance to flop in his first season than to lead the Texans to anything. Only 3 out of 8 new head coaches this year even got to .500. I'm much more worried about the Texans having the 1st overall pick and taking Bridgewater or another good QB. Deandre Hopkins worked us bad enough with Schaub at the helm. I'd hate to see what he could do with a competent QB throwing to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar