Looking forward

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilgriffey84, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84 Starter

I dont thinkl anyone on here expected us to be sitting at 5-7 into december now. afterall we did return 20 out of 22 starters that got us to a 13-3 record last season.I believe we as a team will continue to get better and better and build momentum into next year. If you look at Cecil it is his first year running the defense. I believe Schwartz first season of running the Defense he went 7-9 and progressively got better he turned out alright didnt he? Give Cecil this year as his grace period to work everything out. Fisher I really dont know what to say I support fisher but as this year goes by im more on the fence if I want him back next year. Heimerdinger for the most part has been good.

Qb- We have Vince I firmly believe he is the qb of the future looking at him play he continues to grow week in and week out

RB-CJ will be a beast again next year. Would like to see some Lendale but if not let him go and give ringer a shot

Wr-Kenny Britt will continue to grow into a big time reciever, Nate Needs to catch either that or lavell needs some PT and Gage is a solid starter

Te- I believe Bo is in his contract year and So is alge. I say Re sign Bo and Let alge go and see what cook has to offer

OL- Our O line should be mostly returning which would be great. Mawae is in a contract year so is Amano I believe. Returning all 5 would be ideal

Dl- We might have a few problems here with Vanden Bosch Kearse and Brown all in free agency. Ideally I would liek to keep Vanden Bosch and Brown and let Kearse go. We have developing young talents in Ford Haye and Jones

LB- Tulloch Needs to be resigned. and Bulluck Too. I think Mcgrath can be a stud in this league. I think Bulluck is a Must keep for us

CB-Get rid of harper and we should be good here haha I dont see how 3/4 of our secondary made the pro bowl last year and still continue to struggle from time to time

Safetys-I think we will be solid here

P-Cut hentrich keep kern

2. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

I agree with pretty much all points here. Except I'm not too sure about KVB. I love the guy with his red eyes and all and his motor. Only prob is, his motor appears to be aging.

Do we draft a corner with the first pick or another position? And what do u guys think of Trevard Lindley out of Ky?

3. Tfan56

Tfan56 Camp Fodder

Lindley Hopefully falls to the third and we pick him up. he has height and speed, just needs to bulk up a bit.

4. lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84 Starter

I dont know what cornerbacks will be up for free agency next year. Drafting a corner would be a good decision. Outside of cortland we dont really have to much depth there. I dont see Hood as being a consistent starter

5. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

No, we did a good job turning around considering where we started.

Unfortunately, since we were so good last year, all analysis of this year's team is going to be a disappointment; rather than say JAX who can go 8-8 and it will be called a good season b/c of how poorly they played last year

6. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Yep, I caught myself after the game today saying "I cant wait until next year". Our offense has the potential to put up 400+ yards a game week in and week out. We have to fix this defense though.

Defense is a priority in the upcoming draft. If Bulluck goes, I think we try and grab Rolando McClain if hes available/decides to enter. Hes a great pass rusher and a hell of an open-field tackler (something we havent been able to do lately).

If not a LB, then I might consider a CB, but we got some rookies right now that COULD be able to start by next season.

All signs point to a great 2010 season :) .

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Looking at the free agent list of defensive linemen none really stand out to me. I mean there's good names but they wont be leaving their teams. For corners I really like Leigh Bodden and was hoping we would sign him during this year and he just sat at home for months until the Pats signed him. If we end up losing Bulluck I'd like to look at a guy like Kirk Morrison who's also a free agent at replacing him. As for the draft, it's got to be defensive end in the first round.

Looking at the offense, I'd have no problems with Young as the starter for next year. Now should an interesting guy like a Tony Pike slip to maybe the 3rd or 4th round I'd love to take him. Couldn't hurt, you let him maybe be the backup of the future or see if maybe you got yourself a steal. Besides, a little competition never hurt anyone.

For RB I think we let White go and have Ringer as the backup. I'd also like to see Ringer get more carries. Johnson is great, he's the best RB in the league, but we can't have him run for 2,000 yards every year. He wont last long doing that and he's probably not capable of that.

I'd also like to see us use two tight ends. I'd imagine Scaife goes elsewhere and Crumpler should probably be cut. I'd like to see Cook and maybe draft someone else who can also be a nice pass catching tight end like an Aaron Hernandez for example.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Crumpler is a free agent, but I agree with your point.

We basicaly have next years Scaife and Crumpler on the roster in Cook and Stevens.

9. TitanHog

TitanHog Camp Fodder

Can't wait.....for Fisher to put back on his Colts jersey for Jeff Fisher Show!

After such an outstanding offensive play calling today, can you say first and goal on the one yd line and 0 points, Hummer deserves to wear one too...maybe he can wear Harper's?
    Too bad Harper was still isn't in it, we might have some chance to win.

With Fisher as HC its always, "wait until next year" EXCEPT the end of this year for Titans really took place by the end of Sept. UNBELIEVABLE

10. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Harper gave us the best chance to win :)

*Queue cartoon falling noise as the 'whoopsie-daisy' Harper cover-attempt is played in the background*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar