Looking At The Big Picture And The Future Of This Team

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I agree with everyone that draft picks are way overvalued. Look at Rennie Curran. He was picked in the 3rd in the 2010 draft and has been cut. You're telling me a vet WR isnt' worth a pick 2 rounds later than that? Heck, even if we couldn't resign Lloyd, if he helped us make the playoffs this year it would have been worth it. I don't understand the mindset of organizations that think drafting a kid out of college that might pan out is better than trading that pick for a vet who has proved themself in the league.

2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I think a lot of what bothers most fans is that whoever is running this team it always seems like nothing changes.The conservative,stay the course,low budget way of doing stuff gets old.

Seems like every time we have a chance to pull the trigger or make a splash it never happens.We've had two or three chances to pick up a much need WR but....

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

We went balls to the wall last year with the Randy Moss pickup. One receiver might have helped the game yesterday to the score of 40-something to 21 at best. We sucked at every phase. Mariani sucked, Johnson Sucked, Hasselbeck sucked. The entire Defense sucked.

4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Its not CJ or MH or MM or any one player. Its the Oline and DLine. Fix that and it all is alot better.

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I hear Stafon Johnson is out there. With all the RB injuries recently I bet his phone is ringing.

People...just calm down.......Seriously, take a Zanax and look at the big picture. Other teams have problems too and don't sign FA's. Do you think we are "special"? Good Lord, rational fans didn't expect much more than a .500 team anyway this year.

At this point, signing a FA WR is a crapshoot. By the time they learn the playbook or gel with Hass, the season is over. Avery is coming along and will probably contribute soon. Similar with RB's. There are no really good one's out there presently. Too many injuries to established players. Slim pickings.

Calm down......we're not even halfway done yet. Sheesh.

6. amy

amy Starter

" I don't understand the mindset of organizations that think drafting a kid out of college that might pan out is better than trading that pick for a vet who has proved themself in the league."

I don't either, but I think Reinfeldt and David Poile have been having a lot of lunch dates. If you think the Titans are kids, check out the Preds.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Avery is the wild card here at WR.If Washington continues to contribute,Avery comes along gradually and D-Will is consistent and gets his confidence right then thats three solid receivers right there.Now running back is really where we need to do something.If CJ continues to hit the wall put him on the bench.We then give Ringer and Harper a chance to see if they can do something.I definitely think we need a franchise running back more in the mold of an Eddie George.All along CJ should've been a Darren Sproles/Reggie Bush type of back.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The cause for concern (or panic if you will) is legitimate. It isn't just a 2 game losing streak. We were blown out in Pittsburgh. Coaches (Gray in particular) said "it won't happen again" blah..blah..blah... We had an off week for the coaches to prepare a gameplan which should have included possible alternatives depending on the 1st half. The D came out and looked OK for the first 2 series and the O looked horrible from the start. Then the D crumbled on the 3rd series and never looked decent again. We got blown out by the Texans at home in a game that we should have been prepared to win. We didn't lose a close one- we looked like we had never played a snap in an NFL game.

The coaches never had the team in the game and never displayed any hint of competence at getting them back into either the Pittsburgh or the Texans game. The product the coaches fielded AFTER a bye week is very telling IMO.

Are we supposed to believe things have been righted when we beat the Colts? I don't think anyone on this forum is foolish enough to think so. And I KNOW we will beat the Colts- they are definitely playing "suck for Luck". Sad thing is that we won't be able to truly tell if things are fixed until we play another decent team, which by that time, will really be too late to hope to correct anything for a chance to win the division. Poof- that hope was eradicated by seeing what our coaching staff could do with an extra week. Plain and simple, this is a scrub coaching staff as Erick said a long while ago. I liked what I heard Munchak saying, but it is all words. Accountability remains foreign to the Titans' coaching staff.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar