Looking ahead...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SARGO127, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Let the Texicans bask in the glory of their first ever 2-0 start.
    They have a QB now. Their first since Sage Rosenfeld.

I am reminded of a comment in a Football Outsiders article explaining that a better measure of dominance is how good teams dominate weaker teams. Meaning blowout games.

If we can have a few blowout games, then we should be happy with the offense.

But if our offense can't put together some total domination games, then that should tell us that our offense is in trouble, even as our defense seems to be kicking along fine without Pacman.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm hoping to go 5-2 in the next 7. It's certainly doable, but will require a lot of focus. But to be 6-3 going into the hardest part of our schedule would be great.

Overalls, your team looks much improved. We'll see how long it lasts. Good luck with the colts this week, we'll see you in October!

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

How'd that curse work out for you last year?

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

There are no "gimmes" there. In saying that, none of these teams are likely to blow us away. And that being the case, we'll have a chance to win these games if we make some plays.

Our team is good enough to be competitive every week. The difference between 6-10 and 10-6 will ultimately be decided by how well we do in the final 5 minutes of games. We left one on the field yesterday (albeit against a very good team), but we need to win more of those than we lose if we are a chance to make the playoffs.

5. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Sorry but the curse is geared toward the team he owns. That is why the Texans will win a Super Bowl before the Titans or what ever the name of the team is when he moves it again.

And no I am not saying that the Texans will win the Super Bowl this year. I don't even think we will go into the playoffs, but 8-8 or 9-7 is possible.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not if andre johnson isn't healthy.

7. Overalls

Overalls Starter

His back up is still better than the Titans WRs.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i guess, but johnson is responsible for 262 yards of matt schaub's 452 passing yards this year. that's pretty difficult to replace.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

That's a fair assessment Overalls.

Question,how come Jacoby Jones doesn't have many catches yet? Is he getting any reps in the starting line up. I had him in one of my FF teams & had to let him go because he wasn't producing.

10. Overalls

Overalls Starter

You're right he will be difficult to replace and I do expect him to be missed for how many ever games he is out, but as of right now he isn't ruled out for Sunday. It isn't likely he will play, but he is listed as doubtful not out. If he is out against the Colts it will be VERY difficult for us to win. If he does sit against the Colts he might as well sit the next game against the Falcons. I like our chances against them even without AJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar