Look at this Pacman video..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RyansTitans, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Ima have to cop his cd

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Kami...

I thought it was a cool interview and understood every word. I just don't understand an art form(rap) that is so basic and lame that anyone can make a record. Doesn't matter if they have any musical talent or not?

Imagine jim brown or bill russell in the late 50s deciding; wanting to start their own jazz label. You know just pick up a sax, set of drums, trumpet whatever and just go at it for no other reason than being black and famous. The idea would have been absurd to say the least.

Still i have no problem with the interview or pacman's interest in that music..

3. Scotty35

Scotty35 Guest

that dude rules

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

that's how it is in any music genre. If you have tghe money, you can be on mtv tomorrow promoting yourself for your national tour.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat...

No it is not that was my point. Anyone off the street seems to be able to make a rap album but that is so far from true for many other kind of music. Would some black athlete from the early 70s be able to grab a guitar and play like hendrix? Grab a mic and perform like james brown? I would love to see shaq with a trumpet. But rap, no problem, don't have to be musical..

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't see why that is necessarily a bad thing. Rap sounds good. The fact that there are a lot of people that can rap decently is only a positive since there is more variety of good rap.

I don't necessarily agree though. There are very few rappers that I think sound good so I just ignore the rest.

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Anybody can rap, but few can rap well. Personally, the only rap I listen to is Nelly and Will Smith (who I realize that some argue is not really rap, but I don't really care, he's more talented than most other rappers)

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's the thing. Rolltide, it's easy to name greats. "Can so and so be elvis? How about this legend? That legend..."
    You're right. An athlete probably wouldn't be able to play like Hendrix back in the day. I wonder who ELSE could have? Who has since? lol

I can do the same thing for rap. Not any athlete can just go rap and be Talib Kweli. Not any athlete can be Aesop Rock, Slug from Atmosphere, and even better not a group of athletes can be The Roots.

Easy to make points when you go to extremes to do so.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Judging him? Kami, you can't be serious man. Pacman has had every opportunity to correct himself. He has been told and warned by Fisher, his teammates, fans, journalists, etc... Standards? Right now he's been informed by the the Commissioner that he does not live up to the standard to play in NFL at all... and now WE are judging him? Man, I never cared about his backround or where he came from. I never really looked at it as a negative but now here we are two years later and Pacman is of no use to the team. I'm pissed. I just don't uderstand how we are judging him when he made his own bed to lie in. How does that shake out? Make me understand.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sec...

Kami just doesn't feel it is right to judge the dude based on how he looks or his interest in music. I have never seen kami defend pacman's actions quite the contrary.

I expect any 23 year old black guy from urban america to like hip hop. I would be shocked to find out different. There are a lot of high character guys who listen to the same music and dress similar just that pacman hasn't been able to reconcile style with reality.

Now please tell me who in the hell is slug from the atmosphere? The name alone suggests to me the guy sucks but gloat feels differently. Help me out buddy.. Is this slug fellow the freddie mercury of rap?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar