Look at #7

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by edward nigma, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Lewan was most certainly an impact player...The others, so so, but Lewan was and is a great pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Kendall Wright isn't an impact player? You don't like Taylor Lewan?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You people are killing me with this Webster drafts well gibberish. Look at the past 5 years when he was VP of player personnel also. Look at our early rounD picks under him. This past year is only above average in starts- NOT production. Williamson is a decent pick. Lewan solid. KW- just ok at #22.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

We can't judge Lewan either way yet. He may end up as an impact player.

Wright absolutely is not an impact player. He's a fine WR but you need to get way, way more from a 1st-round pick. If you are using a 1st on a WR, you need to him to scare defenses and influence games. You need him to be Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones or a player at that level.

Wright isn't anywhere close. You can find players to do what Wright does in the 4th round easily.

I stand by what I said. Webster hasn't drafted a single impact player in the first two rounds. The fact that people around him don't see this baffles me. He is a terrible drafter.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

this article made me laugh, it says Webster needs to go point out Ayers making plays on a new team, something he couldn't do here.
    this tells me...
    1. Ayers had some talent.
    2. Webster saw that talent.
    3. A good coach is making use of Ayers talent.
    4. Our coach could not make use of talent.

seems to me the article identified our problem it just put the wrong name in the headline. People thought Webster looked bad on draft day picking Lewan...now the rookie is our best lineman. Buffalo was able to use Levetries talent, KC was able to Mclusters talent....we cannot . I see a trend.

• High Five High Five x 6
  6. Riverman

And who picked Whiz?

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

After watching the Giants DESTORY us on our own home field, I can't give any more passes for this or that.

I couldn't watch the game til this morning and as bad as I've felt after blowout losses, this was one of the WORST I've ever seen by the Titans. Why? Because I live in NY and I've been hearing the whole season (and watching) how bad the Giants and Jets are. The Giants have spent the last few weeks trying to figure out how to 'let' Coughlin go and fire the GM too on a team that doesn't do that sort of thing. And they are talking about getting rid of a Coach that has won them 2 SUPERBOWLS!!!

Did the Giants look like a mess kicking the stuffing out of us? We looked like a High School team against them! With an Offensive guru as our HC and playcaller, their DEFENSE outscored our offense! And Perry Fewell's days are numbered in NY!!!

And for the record, in case you missed it in the game, the Giants have TWENTY players on IR and still anihilated us!!!

For all of McAddo's failings, he moved his weapon all over the field and got him the ball every which way. But we can't seem to get the ball to Wright 10 times a game and McCluster 10 times a game in open space!

Meanwhile, our young QB is getting stuffing beat out of him with a 4 man pass rush and when we bring 6, Eli has a nice 3 yard bubble to dice apart our secondary!

I can handle a losing season. I can handle a rebuilding one. But to take a 7-9 team and turn them into the worst team in the NFL (and it's not debateable) should tell management all they need to know. Ruston and Whiz are keepers?

Sorry. If you WATCH the games and the half empty stadium by halftime, even the fans know what needs to be done!

Time to clean house and throw the bank at a Superstar coach/GM and hand him the keys to everything!

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Gut who would you want to be the GM and coach?

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Changing coaches year after year certainly doesn't help player development. Although Whiz has made some very poor in game coaching decisions and our record sucks; I would give Whiz another year at least.

I think Whiz totally made the right decision moving to Mett early in the year like he did. Unfortunately the injuries to our OL put an end to Metts season which will prevent us from getting a full eval of him. But Whiz made the call that for the long term it was more important to try and find a franchise QB than to win games this year. I respect him for making that decision.

Webster is a nice guy and I loved the fact that last draft he took Lewan who was BPA. This showed Webster was looking long term as well. But I really wasn't fired up on taking a RB in the 2nd when the draft was very deep at RB and an equally talented player could be had later in the draft.

It is truly telling how poor our roster is when your 12 yr old son wants a Titans jersey for x-mas and their isn't one single player whose jersey he actually wants.

10. Riverman

Another thing: According to Shefter and Caplan the Browns and the Jets both tried to trade up to get our #11 pick (Lewan) but that fell through in the last seconds suggesting that Webster was not skilled enough to get it done.

There are few things that I declare an absolute. Ruston Webster sucks as a GM is one of them.

#20 Riverman, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar