long overdue flopping fines

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Fry, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Sometimes I can't tell if you're serious or joking. I feel like I'm having a conversation with a 5 year old sometimes. You really don't know what flopping on the offensive end is? Like when a guy drives to the basket and barely gets touched and goes flying. And you really must not watch much basketball if you don't think steve nash flops on charges all game long. I really don't see how you're arguing something that they keep stats of.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Keep trying to insult me - Mr. "Ginobili rarely draws charges"...

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

he drew 27 charges in 74 games. So he drew a charge a little more than once every 3 games. Yea that does sound like a lot of charges. Just out of curiousity how many spurs regular season games would you say you watched this season? You're arguing with something that can be proven by stats so it doesn't even make sense.

4. Deuce Wayne

Ginobili is notorious for flopping. That's what he's known as. The new Vlade.
    Argue it all you want, but the majority of basketball fans didn't pin it on him for no reason.

5. Deuce Wayne

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0422bickley0422.html

Pretty much sums it up. When coaches and players think of him as "King Flopper", your little stats are going unseen.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

i never argued if he was a flopper or not. I know he's a flopper but he does most of it on the offensive end when he drives to the basket. He does not draw many charges is the point i'm making and that's what will be punished the most by the league. The reason they can't fine him for what he does when he's driving is he usually gets fouled and just exaggerates it like he's been shot. Wade and Kobe also are two of the biggest floppers on the offensive end.

7. Deuce Wayne

Nah. Kobe is bad about flailing his arms around and doing that cry-baby stuff. But he doesn't flail his entire body in to the stands like Ginobili.
    And "KING of Floppers". Key word is KING.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I also like how you used a phoenix source to prove he's the king of flopping. They get knocked out of the playoffs by the spurs every year and then they cry afterwards. The only players and coaches I've heard actually call out the spurs is the suns. Every other team knows that everybody in the league flops.

9. Deuce Wayne

Well, that same phoenix source also called 2 of his own players floppers. I'd say it's fair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar