LOL at the major Toyota recall.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Its never caught on fire. And I drive a Ranger,my wife drives a Focus and the Sprot Trac is the family vehicle

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

My wife had a Focus when we first got married and it was a piece of junk. Guess what? It got recalled!

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I've only just now opened this thread, and stopped reading at page 3, so...

First of all, Jesse has proven himself to be an aswipe on several occasions, so he's on my ignore list. Looks like some others here could benefit by trying that feature out.

Personally I don't feel any sorrow for GM (who used to be my fave), the UAW or any domestic carmaker. In the bailout fracas it has come to light in several circles that the UAW crapped in their own lunchbox by sabotaging their vehicles to "stick it" to the management... thinks like welding tuna cans with loose screws inside to the frame in order to create untraceable rattles. Americans do not have the culture of honor or heirarchy that Asian countries have; this can be bad in some cases (see: Korean Air crash rates) and good in others, especially in manufacturing jobs.

Now, i haven't done any research into the Toyota failures because I really don't care about them, but I do think it would be interesting to see where the affected cars originate from.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

TOKYO -- Toyota Motor Corp. will likely start recall or voluntary repairs to fix the braking system problems of the latest model of its highly-popular Prius hybrid in Japan as soon as early this week, people familiar with the matter said Sunday.

One person said Toyota also intends to take similar steps in the U.S. and other overseas markets simultaneously, but didn't elaborate. Toyota will likely "take an action early this week," the person said.

The move goes a step further for Toyota, whose president Akio Toyoda, a member of the founding family, gave "a heartfelt apology"

lmao

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I worked for Bridgestone in the mid-late nineties, and was a consultant for them (in other project work) during the Ford-Wilderness debacle. I also worked as a consultant while Nissan expanded their engine machining/assembly facility in Decherd. I can tell you from past experience, Jesse, that the heartfelt apology from Mr. Toyoda is nothing but absolutely sincere. The Japanese are an honorable people, and nothing is more serious to them, personally AND professionally, than a loss of honor. During the Bridgestone issue the CEO of Bridgestone "resigned" after more than 40 years of service to the company.

The overriding lesson learned by Bridgestone then (and probably being learned by Toyota now) is the value of having well placed American lobbyists in DC (Ford Lobbyists were successful in almost completely exhonerating Ford, although they shared a fair portion of responsibility for the failure of tires on Explorers). Couple the typical circus seen in DC over this with the completely obvious lack of objectivity shown by our government (who as owners of two of Toyota's competitors are absolutely conflicted here), and you have nothing more than a protectionist witchhunt, funded by big government money, that is largely getting in the way of Toyota trying to actually solve the problems.

Sorry for the digressing here, but I always get a little ticked when I see Japanese manufacturers, employing American workers, get raked over the coals by other Americans for issues that typically originated in the US.

All that being said, I am a Ford man (took a couple of years off during the Wilderness issue, but they have new leadership now), will never again buy a GM or Chrysler (until the Government ceases owning them), and have no issue with driving or owning "foreign" vehicles, that are usually more "made in America" than their "American" counterparts.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

"The Japanese are an honorable people,"

[​IMG]

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Honestly expected more from you here Jesse....I guess, to get to your level in this discussion, I can only say:

"I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever is said bounces off of me and sticks to you..."

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar