LOL at the major Toyota recall.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think it's funny Toyota is hurting their image with faulty gas pedals. Even the Plants are shut down. they said if you take your car to the dealer they cannot fix it yet.

I love that Chevy and Ford is offering deals to trade in their Toyota for a new Chevy or Ford. I'd love to see Chevy get back in the race in America. Ford is doing great. I think down sizing and the quality of Chevy's cars will help them a lot.

Now maybe people will stop thinking the foreign car company's are the best option. Take the Ford Challenge!

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Not exactly funny but definatly ironic. My brother - a devout Import only dude - wanted a more versatile vehicle, meaning something his boxers could ride in. He needed an SUV. Normally he would not have even considered a domestic car, but I told him too at least test drive a Ford SportTrac.

He was still stuck in the 70s mindset where he just "knew" domestic vehicles were inferior to the imports cause in the 70s that sadly true.

He checked out the Ford and would up with a silver 2010 Trac XLT with aftermarket heated leather seats added. Bottom line Ford had the ideal vehicle for him and normally he would not have even considered it.

FWIW I have been a Ford guy since forever. Makes the decisions easier - lol

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

^ My Honda Ridgeline is superior to the Ford SportTrac. Your brother made a mistake.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

how much does the frame on that ridgeliner weigh - lol

dude you bought a truck with a monocoque frame - which means you bought a car that looks kinda like a sissified truck, did it come with a lipstick holder?

My 05' Trac is awsome. Been on multiple vacations ect.

plus the Ford dealer actually wanted his trade in, whereas the Honda dealer was only willing to steal it.

Bottom line SportTrac is a Ranger with an Explorer cab and short bed starting at $26.5k and my brother got a decent deal on the trade in. My brothers was more like $29k but the trade brought that down to $18-19k. But if he would have went all estrogen and bought the Honda he would have paid about $32k for the "truck" and gotten ripped on his trade with a final of $24k. He saved about $5-6k by upgrading to the American designed and built Ford.

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

We have two 4-runners that have performed flawlessly....would not trade them for anything. I drove the living crap out of the Camry I bought out of graduate school [87] when I was courting my better half...and it was running solid when I finally traded it in. Never had to do anything other than change the oil on it for all the years I tried to run it into the ground.

Toyota has absolutely produced some great, solid and reliable vehicles. Given the comparative track records over the last 20 years I would say Toyota has been an incredibly reliable brand. And, many of the models are built in the US, so having them finally have a major recall issue and having plant closures/roll backs only hurts the thousands of Americans who had taken jobs in the plants, like in KY, when the American Big 3 closed a huge number of plants and laid most of those people off. Where do you think all those people that worked in the Saturn plant came from...many from Detroit after being laid off or transferred.

So while Ford may have finally made their first yearly profit after 4 years of bleeding cash, and that is only because they trimmed product development and relied on government bailout monies, I don't find this a reason to celebrate because Toyota is having a big issue. It will ultimately hurt the US plants and result possibly in more loss of jobs that American auto mfgs have no way of replacing.

The fact Ford and others are having to offer $1000 cash to try and lure Toyota owners into buying their products just shows they don't currently stand solid enough on their own to draw the owners back without some incentive.

Yes, I have been a big fan of Toyota...not because of anti-US automaker sentiment as much as them being incredibly reliable to my family...parents and others included. I also have a very close friend who has been a QC manager for Toyota in KY for 20+ years and I know how much pride they have taken in being a US operation.

So...Jesse, you go ahead and celebrate in their troubles and revel in the potential loss of countless US jobs while you drive your POS Taurus or whatever it is you drive. That lousy car made some US executive millions in bonuses all the while they knew they were putting out an inferior product.

7. Tuckfro42

We've been on multiple vacations in my Ridgeline, also. So, I guess my Honda is as manly as your SportTrac.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Ford did not take ANY bailout money...

9. Tuckfro42

One of the reasons I would consider buying a Ford.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'm a Toyota guy, myself. I'm willing to look Ford's way, though.

My Camry has been the best since day one... and it was built by AMERICAN WORKERS. Oh, boo-hoo... a handful of execs in Japan made money off my purchase, while a few thousand American Workers made a living off of it as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar