Loggains: Benching Locker was not option

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clayriddick

Clayriddick Special Teams Standout

Lets go with Jon Gruden how about that

2. MrCampbell34

MrCampbell34 Starter

I'm not sure what league you folks are watching but I can't think of any good, and certainly no elite, QB who has had such a poor start as Locker has experienced. Sure, they spent a high draft choice on him so they want to make certain before he is cast aside, but I haven't seen a glimmer of hope that this guy should be s starter anywhere. He is a lacker--lacks consistent passing ability and lacks great running ability too. This experiment is over.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

You are wrong. Im not sure what league you watch, but no team has given up on their top 10 draft pick after 10 NFL starts.

Im not pleased with Locker, but even J Russell, Ryan Leaf, Akili SMith, and the likes of those busts got more than 10 starts.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Come on man- Locker had a year to sit and learn. He has showed LESS in his 10 starts than ANY other top 10 draftee tapped to be a franchise QB than comes to mind.

Let's be real and go ahead and swallow the bitter pill so we can get better. Locker's decision making is slow, his arm is inaccurate and he doesn't keep his head in the game. He may be a "hard-worker", team player and never quit, but those characteristics rarely produce a franchise player unless there is high caliber talent. The most we will see out of Locker is a "role player" or maybe a good "game manager". We could have got that in the 4th-7th rounds.

Another bone-headed blown top 10 pick by this moronic front office.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

My feeling is that Locker is never going to be an elite QB and if I have a chance to get an elite QB then I go and make it happen. Until I have an elite QB, I stick with Locker and tool the offense to best suit his abilities. The offense should be run oriented. It should incorporate misdirection in terms of bootlegs and rollouts.

It is hard for your QB to be a true leader if he is inconsistent. He can't demand perfection from the other players if he can't deliver it himself. Nothing is more demoralizing for a WR than to run a great route and then have the ball sail over your head or have to leap for a ball and get your clock cleaned because your QB was inaccurate. It is tough on an OC to call the game if the players can't execute.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I think JL gets 2013 but clearly IF a decision had too be made now it would not be favorable.

Decision does not have too be made now. JLs contract goes thru 14. If JL does not improve in 13 then I expect Titans too get someone in the 14 draft and let there be open competition for the QB job.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I guess so. There really isn't any decent QB prospect this year. I wouldn't mind patching up with Alex Smith to at least APPEAR competitive next year. I see it playing out that we suck balls next year and have another top ten draft pick. I don't really think Manziel is all that- too short in my book.

I'm so frikkin mad at the Titans front office I can hardly see straight. How the F we extended Amano/Griffin AND we didn't take DeCastro and/or Konz in the draft is beyond me. These bozos took KW (nothing against him personally) to cover their azz with the Locker pick. Then we don't sweeten the pot enough to land Myers OR Wells. And that is pure :bsflag: about the FO being hindered by the Manning chase. A talented VP of operations and GM could have easily made that work with all the cap space the organization had.

I'm mad as hell with Bud also. The lack of true competition for the HC hire was a sham. Promoting Reinfeldt was a disgrace. Fire 'em Bud. Let the heads roll.

To see where we are 2 years after taking a new HC and a new "franchise QB" versus where the Colts are, the 49ers are, and the direction of the Browns and Bengals are absolutely crushing my morale as a fan. Top that feeling off when I get my invoice for my season tix- and I've had all I can stand.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I feel that Locker can still be the QB we drafted him to be, but his ass shoulda been benched last game.

I know we have nothing to gain by playing Hass or Rusty, but Jake needs to know that crap wont cut it, not for me anyways, and thats coming from a huge fan of his.

When you're able to step away from the action it gives you a new perspective. He doesn't look like he's feeling the pressure around him, at all!

I would have sat him for a series or two so he could rethink what he's doing.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Jake had a horrible game Sunday. That said, with the Titans offensive line (that was already awful) eaten up by injuries, and switching offensive coordinators mid season, all while playing with a shoulder that he's probably going to need surgery on after the season, I don't think it's fair to assume he'll play like that in the future. He did look good in limited action last season. I see why fans are worried about him, but I hardly think he's proven himself a bust at this point. He's a hard working and confident guy. His self confidence is huge in terms of overcoming these early struggles. He has seemed scared in the pocket this year. How much of that is just struggling pass protection and shoulder concern? We'll see. No reason to give up on the kid yet that I can see. I'm not at practice, in the locker room or on the sidelines with him either though.

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Its not happening, under no circumstances, in no way, and its not even a remote possibility.

If we can find someone who may be the answer, then great, but it wouldnt even matter. No organization in their right mind would give up on Locker after 10 starts, it just does not happen in the NFL.

Our best bet this off season is to make this defense as good as possible in case Locker does become the bust many people believe he is.

By no means am I defending Locker, Im just saying what people are suggesting, doesnt happen in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar