Loga Ryan, CB Pats

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Signing two CBs will be expensive and risky. While there are some good CBs out there, there are also a lot of teams with cap space that need CB help. Competition will be tough.

I agree on the ILB and would love to take one of the two top ILB prospects this year.

As for "You can never have enough pass rushers" -- well, you can never have enough of anything. However I think CB depth is far more important.

2. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

If we could trade back and take Raekwon McMillan with an early 2nd that would be good value imo.

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Ryan is the 14th ranked CB per PFF. Actually has a higher coverage grade than Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson! Was equally good last year BTW.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I didn't say we should sign two FA CBs... I said sign one, draft two.

I also wouldn't say it would necessarily be expensive to sign two CBs. One of the "premier" CBs like Ryan would be expensive. The other one would just be a depth guy... just hopefully better than what we got with Blake and McCain last year.

In regards to pass rusher... I'm just saying in a crazy event where Myles Garrett is sitting there at 5, do you pass him up only because CB is a bigger need? And on a smaller scale, something like this could happen later in the draft. If we think a pass rusher is significantly better at his position than the highest rated CB available, we should take the pass rusher. Drafting solely based on need is not the way to go. I'm talking within reason, of course. Obviously you can't ignore needs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

My bad, must not have been paying attention.

I agree, and have been saying all along. I think we are on the same wave here. Get a CB in the first then another in the middle rounds.

If Garrett is there at 5 then take him............ unless Allen is also then, take Allen first.

For me it is:
    1. Allen -- CB at 18
    2. Garrett -- CB at 18
    3. Trade down -- WR or ILB with one pick; CB with the other
    4. If you cannot trade down do the best you can, just make sure one of them is a CB
    I understand the BPA argument and if you look there is some great CB depth this year. Not to use at least one first one a CB seems like a wasted opportunity. Ideally that one CB would not be at number 5 though.

6. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

It's only OK to draft need over BPA when the dropoff is minimal. Otherwise, going against BPA is a bad idea...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

With some vet CBs getting released lately teams will be aggressive in FA and drafting. We need to address the secondary, unfortunately s few teams will be doing the same now

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

First, why Allen over Garrett?

Second, BPA is wrong. You match need to talent to player to draft spot. If the best player on our board at 5 is a qb, should we take him? Of course not!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So if the best player at 18 is a qb, you think we should take him???

BPA doesn't work! I just gave you one of many examples!

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Mark my words, he can't cover at the next level. 2 down run stopper ala what we already have. Doesn't fix our ILB problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar