Locker's deep balls

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This thread is hilarious. Locker isn't the answer but Vince Young was or Bray could be? Just stop.

Now look I'm not biased towards Locker even though I did really want him in the draft and could be a really good QB but we need to look at some facts both good and bad.

-He injured his shoulder early in the season, an injury that's going to require surgery in the offseason. An injury that has clearly limited him this season because his play has been pretty poor since the injury. Now he didn't have a lot of snaps to go off of before the injury but just watching him you can figure out he's not 100%.

-He has no OL. One 1st day starter out there right now with plenty of 2nd/3rd stringers and guys no where close to making the team when the season started. He got sacked like 7 times today, couldn't step up in the pocket, and being a young QB couldn't get comfortable at all with the ball. Locker needs to work on his footwork in the pocket but he can never improve with the OL he has.

-Weapons, he has none. Kenny Britt is pretty much the only guy he has right now and he even isn't playing to his capabilities. Wright hurt, Cook hurt, Washington idk, and everyone else basically sucks. You can make a case for drafting another WR in the 1st round.

Now look he does have some accuracy issues, he isn't very polished, and he's not playing like we were hoping but the guy has like 10 starts in his career (with most of them in a crap situation) and we all knew he was a project. We knew he wasn't a day 1 starter and we knew he wasn't going to be a Luck or RG3. He can still develop into a good QB with time, snaps, a capable coaching staff, and more help.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

That being said I'm not sure if he's the answer or not. I look at this draft class and I see it being pretty weak. We should give Locker another year and see what happens. If he disappoints again then it's time to look in another direction.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Dude he plays so far off wr's. Theres a reason he has so many tackles, its cause they always throw to him and complete it!

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You haven't watched much Titans football the last decade, have you? That's just how our corners play.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I certainly am concerned about Locker's accuracy and inconsistency. The best thing we could do for this team in the long run is to really address the OL and improve our run blocking. Will give Locker the best chance to succeed and if he doesn't improve then at least we have a good OL for our next QB.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

JCBrave is as much as a Locker apologist as he is a CJ hater. Locker is EASILY bottom 5 starting QB in the NFL. Easily. Maybe bottom 3. Whoever Arizona has....Mark Sanchez....then who?

7. BobSaccamado

BobSaccamado Camp Fodder

9 qb's drafted the last 2 years are playing better than locker! Cam newton, ponder, dalton, luck, rg3, tannehil, kaepernick, Wilson, foles, and even cousins! We have terrible luck

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I share your sentiment. I see Colin Kaepernick starting for the 49'ers and thrashing the Patriots on national TV....when the hell are we going to hit our diamond in the rough? Our team has been riddled with lackluster first round picks since Pacman....

Pacman: Bust (because of idiocy, not talent)
    Vince: Bust
    Griffin: 3rd round talent, first round pick
    CJ: Only player since pacman who's proved his worthiness
    Britt: Made of glass and stupidity
    Morgan: Seems to be coming around. Hard to not stamp him with the bust mark though when I see guys like JJ Watt, Von Miller, Aldon Smith, etc who were drafted to do the same thing as Morgan in the same round as Morgan. Right now I give this pick a C+ with potential for drastic movement in either direction
    Locker: Dude sucks. Call it what you want to. At one point today he was 3/10 with 2 INT. He completed 2 of his 5 completions to the other team. I see other QBs and I'm like "he's got a future....just needs to figure it out a little". Locker gives me none of that impression.
    KW: A receiver in the first round when receiver was about 7th on the list of positions we needed to turn this team around. Results? Absolutely none, we're perhaps the worst team in the league and bottom 3 offenses in the league and this was the first game he's missed.

So.....we have 1 quality, "A" grade first round pick since '05. No wonder we suck.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

He's awful consistent if you ask me...he seems to suck just about every time I watch him

10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Yup this is why you have to draft solid; see Seattle, San Francisco, Indy, New England ... and not draft like absoluete crap see; Tennessee, Cleveland, Kansas City ...

Just like the NBA ... It's no good to be mediocerly made. You have to tank once and awhile. Titans are missing out on franchise QB's like Newton (say what you want id take him in a heartbeat at this point), Luck, RG3 etc ... Titans keep getting stuck in the middle with these low 20 draft picks and then do nothing with them! And when they do have a chance @ a QB sadly its always in a BAD qb draft class ... VY, Lenairt, Cutler ... Jake Locker, Gabbert blaw ...

They just needed to tank bad enough to grab one of those other top QB's. But not going to happen. They just dont draft well and have no luck once they do get a good pick simple as that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar