Locker Working to Improve Accuracy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Youre giving jimmy too much attention, I already forgot about jimmy

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Manuel doesn't get the injury label because it's his first injury in the NFL. Maybe he turns out to be Jake 2.0 but maybe he doesn't. One injury-filled year doesn't get you labeled injury prone repeated injuries over multiple seasons gets you that label.

All reports are that Geno improved a lot as the year went on and the team played much better down the stretch. He also started/played in ALL 16 games and led his (dismally talented) team to an 8-8 record. Those are both things Jake has failed to do in 3 seasons, Geno did them in his rookie year. The fact that Jake's lifetime passing stats are barely better than those of a rookie QB on a bad team hurts your stance way more than it helps.

And way to cherry pick Tannehill's stats. Why didn't you mention that while he did have a problem with turning the ball over he also racked up 3,913 yards and 24 TD's with a 81.7 passer rating? Did you know that in 2013 alone Tannehill threw for more yards and TD's than Jake has thrown in his entire career?That's gotta hurt. Guess what else he did that Locker has yet to do. Play 16 games and get his team to at least.500. You rush to condemn these guys but if we had either of them instead of Jake last season we probably make the playoffs.

It's not like I think these guys are amazing or anything, they're frankly average-bad players but that's the point. Even these young, average/bad players have accomplished more and thus shown more progress in their first or second year than Jake has. Much of it is just by virtue of staying on the field but again that's the point, Jake can't stay on the field! He could be a freaking hall of famer for all we know but he's of 0 value to us sitting on the bench in a boot.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Shoulder. Hip. Knee. Foot. Torn to varying degrees. 2 surgeries required. Over 3 years.

Brittle ligaments. No body region unaffected over 3 years. He couldn't finish 2 of them.

Injury prone. Not bad luck. End of Story.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

At the end of the day it all comes down to production. No NFL team pays a player for being nice and liking their attitude, you get paid to produce. Jake has not produced to an NFL caliber level and most likely wont this year. Locker will be a backup by this time next year and might even be fighting for back up role with another team.

5. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

If your so naive to believe Locker hasn't shown improvement in his three years, then you are blind my friend. You talk about everyone else not having a supporting cast. Locker dealt with two of the worst coordinators in football, a lackluster run game, and an offensive-line that has failed to gel.

If you look at Locker up to the Jets game. He had 62% completion 7 total touchdowns 0 turnovers 721 yards in the air 98 on the ground with 3-1 record.

Yes their is no denying he has injury problems, but from a pure talent perspective if a miracle would happen and he is healthy for 16 games I would expect the same results if not better.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I don't feel that Locker hasn't improved at all and I never said that. What I do believe is that his inability to stay on the field has hindered his progress so badly that guys like Geno,Tannehill, and Glennon improved more in one season than he has his entire career and as of right now have surpassed him. Yes Locker didn't have an ideal supporting cast but he also was a part of the problem, now if you want to stick your head in the sand that's fine, but this is the truth.

Not sure why you included Jake's game against the Jets since really it proves very little, I bet I could look at one of the the 3 young QB's we've been talking about and find at least one game that's better. Doing it for one game is a glimmer of hope not proof of future success.

Yes if by some miracle Jake is able to stay healthy and play 16 games I would expect him to play at least OK football but the NFL isn't a league of wishes and hopes. A GM that cuts or trades away one of those young guys for Locker banking on a miracle is a fool and will be separated from his job at the end of the season. They're called miracles because they are so unlikely to happen.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Geno had 2 fourth quarter comebacks and 5 game winning drives last season. Turnover machine or not he showed flashes and the ability to finish a season. I don't think he will ever be elite but I think he could be above average to good.

I hate Tannehill but he is better than Locker at this point in their careers.

Manuel had one injury and non in college lets not jump the gun. Jake finished one full season in college in 4 years and has yet to complete one in the NFL as a 2 yr NFL starter. That is why the Stafford comparison does not work, Stafford was never hurt in college so yeah his two injuries in the NFL early on you can call bad luck and he has shed the label since and gone back to his previously durable self. Jack was never durable.

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

So you actually did watch the games did you. Jake was game managing the Pitt and Hou games and didn't look good doing. He looked downright bad in both but he wasn't asked to throw a lot and they call high plays with high success rates with WR's usually being a still target since he struggles hitting players on the move accurately.

Yes Jake started playing well in the SD game and carried it over to the NYJ game. two games omg! Kevin Kolb has had at least two good games, Matt Flynn has had at least two good games. I mean you are all excited over Jakes two games sorry if I'm not.

He regressed to his old self after the injury upon return.

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Over Romo?! LOL

10. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

It's funny how you guys are ready to give Locker the boot after his third season, when most quarterbacks didnt even start until there second or third seasons. You expect results coming right out of college. Every Qb you mentioned with "promise" has a worst winning record then Locker. Maybe the quarterbacks you mention stop turning the ball over so much maybe they don't. Just like how Locker could stay healthy and put it together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar