Locker Working to Improve Accuracy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't believe this.

We have always made the playoffs twice under Munch with essentially the same players. Saying this makes it seem like coach Wiz and his staff bring nothing else to the table.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Damn, Scarecrow, what are you drinking?

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I was just seeing if you were paying attention.....and you were......good job.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Lol, good one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

Jokes aside, bro...It's pretty easy to see his development last year. This forum had a meltdown when he got injured in the Jets game. That is because he was our most impactful player on offense, and was in his way from leading a game winning drive against SD to torching the Jets.

Since then, the last memory we have of him is when he came back, played poorly, and got hurt again. Health concerns aside, he took care of the ball and made plays.

Improving as a player has nothing to do with your ability to stay healthy. Granted, that will be the reason Locker does not get resigned IMO

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Whether you believe it or not, I was in tears when Locker went down against the Jets.

He was playing at a high level that impressed me to the fullest. I knew that injury would set him back BIG TIME.

If that Locker can come back, then I will be happy that he is our franchise QB.

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

It's a damn shame because the dude is so likable and works his ass off, with professionalism and class. I don't know though, after 3 years, I should not be wondering and wishing, which I am. He protected the ball well and had some damn good games last year, but it means nothing if he can't stay healthy/consistent. His accuracy is still a major concern of mine as well

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Contrary to your belief, staying healthy has almost everything to do with improving as a player. How much better do you think Jake has gotten with that air cast on his foot?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

The Jake Locker train is going no where and some people need to realize it. At least the vikes know christian ponder is terrible so they are going to get their qb yet we still think locker is the answer? The quicker we realize this as an organization the quicker we can move on. You can't develop by playing 4 games a year I am sorry it does not work like that. I do not expect any improvement at all, if anything I expect him to fail big time because of the liz franc injury and his lack of accuracy from within the pocket.

I know I sound negative quite a bit lately but I am tired of the two dam people with homer glasses saying locker is the answer. Exactly what has he developed in to JCBRAVE? A Part time player?? Because he can't play full time he doesn't play enough hours per year to make the quota!! Time to draft a franchise qb who can throw from within the pocket and move on! Done deal!

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes if he did play only 4 games a year Id be less inclined to stick with him, but lets get some things right here, hes played in more games than hes missed. And if youre not able to see the improvement from years 1 to 2 to 3, then youre not ready to talk QBs any longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar