Locker will be a better qb than Manning one day

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

LOL....every time I read one of these, my memory goes way back to his first big game I saw....vs. Florida, when the threw, what, 6 interceptions in the first half.

Florida's kicker could have stayed on the bus that day.

Regarding this discussion....I see this as sour grapes. I honestly couldn't give two $hits if Locker is rated above Manning someday...just take us to the promised land son.....

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yes.

No.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Didn't do too well in his last SB though....that pick 6 reminded me of Favre.

4. Carp

Carp Starter

How about his other trips to Florida. You know the one where he threw 4 TDS and nearly 500 yards and STILL lost. I bet you pin that loss on him too don't you.......

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol @ Ruthlessraper being better than Peyton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Quite possible. If so, Matt will be the guy to teach him the ropes. I am not sure Peyton could have done that based on his experience in Indy. Peyton plays his brand of offense and his alone. That’s how Denver won the race as he will be the OC with cleats on. Matt will teach Jake to play a style that is more conducive the Jake.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'm by no means a Rapelessburger fan... But think about all the things Rapelessburger can do that Peyton can't.

Can Peyton buy himself more time and move around in the pocket... No

What does Peyton do? That cowardly falling to the ground thing to avoid getting drilled.

What about Big games? Think back to 2005....

What did manning do? I'm positive that 4 of 5 guys I listed... would have found a way to win the game.... Eli, Brady, Brees, Roethlisburger.. They have the killer instinct. Peyton choked... had to kick a field goal for the tie... then after losing... in typical Manning fashion, he threw Vanderjagt under the bus and pretty much ended his career.

There he was.. given a gift wrapped opportunity to win the game... (and this was the season he broke all of those regular season passing records) only to squander the season away because he couldn't pass on the Steelers D. And its the same old story every year. Peyton can't pass against elite defenses... Not like the other guys I've listed can.

Remember, it's not how you start a season, it's how you end it. What's also interesting about this game is that Big Ben was a 2nd year quarterback who won the superbowl. We have a 2nd year quarterback on our roster... who many think has the talent to be an elite player. My money is on locker to be this years NFL break out player... if he can see some PT

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Seriously guys.. start putting a little facts in your posts. You make yourselves look like fools

Locker = manning? Yea, lets see him play a season, or even a full game, before making statements like that

Eli sucks? 61% completion, 4933 yards, 29td, 16 int, rating of 93. Oh, and a super bowl.

GTFO.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I've always thought Locker has the talent to become the next drew brees. He's just a tad undersized but makes up for it with passion, intensity and talent... I'm just sittin on the edge of my seat hoping that he can get a chance to put it all together. He has the makings of something special. That's all I'm saying... Whether not that actually happens, only time will tell.

10. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Kick arse signature! Greatest Tag Team EVER!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar