Locker - Week 1 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

the fumbles will go away.... just awareness issue as a young QB

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Problem with Locker is that he throws too high still. They're in the right place, just an arm length too high

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Agree completely.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

What scares me about Locker is this is almost like every game I watched in college. He would come out and make some great players, announcers rave about his potential and work ethic, then he would blow the game with mistakes, then he would make some great plays trying to comeback, then he would airmail a ball and get one of his guys KTFO.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I give Locker a C+.

The Pats D was horrible against the pass last season. His INT was bad and I think he has to protect the football better on the play he fumbled. Kudos to Munch for opening it up deep in our own end but we saw an example of why Fisher usually alway ran the ball in that situation.

He also made a few nice passes. He seemed to make the right reads. I left the game yesterday thinking he was far from the biggest concern the Titans face today. I think Locker's future looks bright.

I've not gone back to watch the game again. If I can muster up the courage to do that, I may edit this post.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

The fumble did hurt, however, that basically a free rusher hitting him from his blind side. I know he said that he shouldn't drop the ball from that hit during the conference, but Roos can not let that happen again.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Locker needs to have better balance and have more control on the ball. He tends to sail them a bit too often. On the other end... What a crap run game... Holy cow was that bad. Unless you're Brady or Rodgers, every team in the league would have problems with that sorta one dimensional offense. Really have to get something going. Blow up that o line or something. with the rookie qb in and no run game, we are just asking for a really bad season.

On the other end... Griffin.... Really bro? Really? Thought you was a pro.... Gtfo with that.

I like how locker looked yesterday to be honest. Out side of his errant passes, he has some shine to still be found. Palmer..., the offense... Idk. Maybe it's too complex and just lacks cohesion with the players. I understand the idea of a read and react sort of offense but it's looking questionable and unbalanced.

8. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

And was throwing the ball down the field. Yes, he did hit a lot of check downs but hey you take what the defense gives you. in truth for all of you saying he didn't have a great game, you swap his INT for a TD and his stat line was remarkably close to Tom Brady's. The biggest difference between the two was Brady got help from his Defense, Special Teams, and Running game and Locker got none of the above!

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I think his balls sail on him not because he's an inaccurate passer, but because he has to get better at finding his throwing lanes overall. Keep in mind Jake isn't that tall, so it's easier for defensive lineman to get their paws on his balls. A lot of shorter QBs have to find their way in regards to finding their throwing lanes (Even took Brees a bit who is the most accurate QB in the game). I think right now Jake is over compensating for so many balls being batted down of the LoS.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Brees is a check down artist and the very best at it... The scheme in NO helps him compensate for his height. I wouldn't really use him as a comparison TBH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar