Locker Update

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

xhrr : following up on your post in which I completely agree on......

week 1 : 120 yards nothing exceptional

week2: misses kenny britt and cant convert 3rd down and we lose the game when we are up by 8 with less than 4 mins to go and have the ball.

week3 : played decent and managed the game vs the chargers. Won the game at the end kudos to locker for this win.

week4: Outstanding first half then hit in 3rd quarter and carted off field....... 3 and 1/2 games is nothing to jump up and down about to be honest. I don't see the big deal with this guy, how many games and season can we give him the starting job! I hope we draft a QB and he wins the job and locker can have the back up position be he really isn't that great anyways.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Couldn't of said it better

Everyone puts our 3-1 start on Jake when our defense was the reason we started out good.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

completely agree with you here! Our defense played very well. Vs the Jets that first pass went right to Verner who is now gone :(

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Klug with the sack, strip, fumble recovery, touchdown lol it was pretty amazing

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Locker certainly protected the football during the aforementioned games. Something our back up could not do when it was needed. Wait, something Pickstragic couldn't do period! Man that guy was painful to watch. The Cows game should of been a win. You can't hang that loss on Jake like it was his fault we walked away with a loss.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Which leads me to this this point do you want Jake if all he does is not lose the game and protect the football? That's not a franchise QB. Of course our backup couldn't do it that's why he is a backup and not a starter. We wouldn't need a backup if our QB could take a hit.

I just hate how Locker's injuries give his nut huggers an excuse that they use as a crutch in all their arguments. But if Jake wasn't injured, Jake was really progressing until he got injured, matt Stafford was hurt like jake too, etc etc. He's fragile it is a fact not an opinion. He sucked his second year in the league and had 1 and 3/4 games where he played well. Not enough to form an opinion on him and plenty of QB's have had a couple splash games and turn out to be bums. He can't stay healthy enough for us to form an opinion of his game and that's not our problem its Jakes and what he has shown has been nothing to write home about.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I dont feel like getting into it, but Locker is not the long term answer and next years draft is skimpy on potential QB's, if what I have been reading is correct.

We will be drafting a QB imo

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

At least you understand. Although it would be hard to judge what next years QB crop will look like. We know of a few but guys come out of nowhere, guys get injured, once highly touted prospects struggle, etc. Just like nobody could have guessed this years immense WR talent.

On the surface it looks like Petty, Mariota, and Hundley are tops as of now. I really like Petty. I would take him over any QB in this class.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

And Hundley will fall... Hard.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Agreed on Petty. If not for J. Manziel avatar, I would have high fived.

• High Five High Five x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar