Locker survives knock down, still on track

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans quarterback Jake Locker keeps crossing hurdles, including one on Thursday that wasn’t in the plan – a knockdown by teammate Kamerion Wimbley.

“We told Wimbley to be smart, just to shove him once or twice and knock (Jake) to the ground unexpectedly,’’ Coach Mike Munchak said with a smile. “(Jake) got up, which was good.”

Locker remains on track to start on Sunday against the Dolphins after practicing for the second day in a row. The second-year quarterback took first team reps a day earlier for the first time since dislocating his left shoulder on September 30 against the Texans.

Locker has missed the last five games, as veteran Matt Hasselbeck stepped in and started in his place. Locker didn’t have any issues with soreness Thursday, Munchak said, and he’s made it through the practice week so far without any issues.

He even survived the hit from Wimbley, who accidentally knocked Locker to the ground when they collided at the conclusion of a play. The Titans practiced on pads on Thursday. Wimbley, a 6-foot-4, 255-pound defensive end, smiled and said it was an accident.

“He got bumped into today, which was good. We didn’t really want that, but we got that,’’ Munchak said. “And I think that is good for Jake’s confidence, too. It didn’t really bother him at all.”

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He can handle being pushed over what a tough son of a gun! /sarcasm.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Munch is trying to get him injured on purpose!!!! He is just trying to find a way to get Hass to start. KFC/Fisher all over again.

:sarcasm:

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd test him out too before playing him.

5. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Its good he got hit, now he shouldn't be scared on sunday. I hope he is healed up I know they say he is, but I hope he can finish out the season, maybe get us on a winning streak to end the season with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar