Locker is anti-clutch!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Locker was far from great today but as I said in the game thread, I don't expect him to be Joe Montana this year. He's got less starts than most rookies and is playing on a team in complete shambles. And yes, I would have taken him over any QB in his draft class except maybe Dalton.

The guy makes things happen with his legs, has a ridiculous arm and doesn't quit. It looks like most of our team has already called it a season and show up just to get a check. He doesn't look like that at all. He looks like a guy that fights to the last whistle and gives it his all. Not much has gone right on this team this year but I think putting a lot of the blame on him is a huge mistake.

My one worry is this, Munch and crew probably had their tickets punched today and will be unemployed come December 31st. While that's good news because they certainly deserve it, can we get a real staff in here that can play to the strengths and talents we have? I don't want Locker having a new coordinator every year because we make bad hires. That's my concern.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Name another play that wasn't one his first ever red zone appearances in the NFL vs one of the best defenses in the NFL. You're really reaching here. Locker doesn't pee himself in the red zone. We just haven't had a offensive coordinator here yet that knows how to call a play for Locker in the red zone, and when they do, the receiver drops the pass. Our coaches have NO CLUE how to get Locker in a rhythm. ZERO clue how to develop a rookie QB. Locker would be far more successful if he was with a decent team.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I love to see our players give effort, but it doesnt matter to me if they are trying hard and still not playing well. Remember Chris Henry, Terna Nande, and Rennie Curran? All of those guys busted their butts in the weight room, tried hard on the field, and they just werent all that good. Give me production on the field any day over a good guy that tries hard but just isnt getting it done. This guy was a top 10 pick in the draft for god's sakes. The SECOND QB TAKEN IN THE DRAFT. We should be getting way more CONSISTENT production from him.

And as for the receivers does anyone remember coming into this season when 99.9% of the board was saying this is the BEST WR corps we have had since the Titans coming to Nashville with a 1000 yd receiver in Nate, 1st Round Pick Britt, and 1st Round Pick Wright not to mention Cook? Now people are saying that its the WRs and not Locker. I remember this SAME excuse with Locker coming out of college and everyone saying his low completion percentage was because of the lack of talent around him and his receivers dropping passes. Maybe its just Locker is in accurate and doesnt place the ball in the right places consistently for WRs to make the catch

(and no Im not saying that all the drops are on Locker, but he definitely isnt helping the WRs a lot of the time with his ball placement)

4. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Anyone that thinks Locker is a bright spot has no clue. Guy can't protect the football, he looks like a complete idiot under presssure, and his accuracy is suspect at best, he basically sucks, I don't see him improving much at all.

5. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

We do have some good receivers, but they are playing horribly. Jake has shown lots of promise. He has had some really good games. He has shown what he is capable of. These receivers have also shown what they are capable of at times. So has Chris Johnson. What does it say when every single one of those players are now consistently underperforming? Most of them, besides Locker, are showing up unprepared mentally and are not giving near enough effort. They are uninspired and constantly making mistakes. What does that point to? There is a guy on the sidelines every game with a headset on that is getting payed millions of dollars, and he has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to show for it. He and his staff are completely in over their heads, and they need to go as soon as they lose that last Jags game of the season. The problem is COACHING. We have never been this bad. Never. Our coaches are terrible at what they do and our players are well aware of it. It needs to stop. There's no excuse for this crap we put on the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Awwww..! Was this your first Titans game? That's nice.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I fully support Locker and he is exciting to watch, but this was more of a Kerry Collins game. KFC was generally good for a TD and a couple of unconverted drives to make the game look somewhat respectable.

The defense was good today, other than a couple of terrible angles by Griffin.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I think locker will be our clutch guy soon. He did very well near the end of the game. Remember, first year starting with a POS coaching staff.

What we need are fn clutch receivers.

Oh ya, and a clutch rb. Cj1yd kicks @ss when he keeps the ball and isnt going backwards.
    Big love for that dude!

9. MaxFischer

MaxFischer Rookie

Surprise ... An inaccurate college quarterback is an inaccurate NFL quarterback.

Not a good day for Locker at all. Can't just put this miserable performance on the drops, either. Locker's Only bright spots came after the defense went soft because they had a big lead. His first half looked like he had never played an NFL game.

Which front office idiot pulled the trigger on drafting Locker? Whoever It is, they need to go.

10. ONUV

ONUV Starter

Munchak should be fired and he can take locker with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar