Locker Injury Update: Sprained Hip

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

The best part about this is it looked nothing like the Jackson injury. Just saying stuff to get people riled up.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH! Tip Jar Donor

Yup.
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Yeah. It's tough to see a silver lining here. But if Jake had to go down to this type of injury I'm glad it happened now and not later in the year. As you said, next 3 are brutal anyways so I think most of us were going to be content with 1-2 over the next 3 weeks even WITH Jake playing. So as long as we can steal a win somewhere in that stretch and we win the games we should win after that... we should still be right on track for a playoff run.

And even if Jake ends up being out the full 8 weeks at least he'll have a handful of games there at the end of the year to get back into a groove. Hopefully he's back to where he was pre-injury by the time we roll (or sputter) into the playoffs.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  4. titan1207

titan1207 21 years bleeding blue

I am a certified athletic trainer, over a decades experience in both the collegiate and high school levels. The rehab process will be as follows: improve range of motion (ROM), he has surely lost some while decreasing pain. Once ROM is back strengthen the muscles of the hip ( hip flexors, glutes, adductor muscles, abductor muscles) as well as core muscles. Then they will move to working on strengthening sport specific activities I.E. throwing mechanics, getting under center, coming out from under center, rolling out, etc... I'm sure massage, ice baths, e-stim, power plate and an aggressive stretching program along with oral anti-inflammatories has already been implemented.
    • High Five High Five x 5
  5. netnut

netnut Starter

Thank You Lord!!!!!! ;-)))) Now Help America!!!& The World!!!!
    Down with the Banksters!!!!Their killing US. Really!!!
    Please read. The Creature from Jackal Island
  6. Titanfan12

Titanfan12 Practice Squad

3 weeks ftw nfl.com
  7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH! Tip Jar Donor

Nice post, makes me feel better.
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Nice try.
  9. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Where do you get this stuff from??? (This is a serious question)

Muchack just said a few weeks...How do you see 6 weeks if all goes well? Given the news just released I don't think that this injury is anywhere near 6 weeks. 6 weeks is a fairly significant injury like a pulled hamstring...I see 2-3 weeks tops with a bonus bye week. If we win one of our next three games I would rather sit him until after our bye. This will give him an extra week to knock the rust off and focus on continuing building on the strongest start of his career.
  10. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I just took a piss test yesterday and passed it. Thank God for cranberry juice and vinegar!!!