Locker Injury Update: Sprained Hip

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the D was horrendous last couple of seasons, and just when you thought they were worse than ever - they got wose still

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

This is obviously great news. I was really looking forward to seeing what Locker could do in the next 3 games since he was really picking up momentum. But, I think Fitz can pull off a win or 2 as long as we let him get in a rhythm and don't go conservative on offense. None of that run 3 times and punt crap! The defense needs to keep making plays and scoring points also! As long the team keeps playing the same or better, plug Fitz in and he can pull out 2 wins before the bye. Locker comes back after the bye and the Titans keep rolling... That's my hopes/prediction anyway.

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

you have no idea.....

Per Doug Farrar (SI Audibles)
    Cortland Finnegan, CB, Rams: Finnegan has been burned all season, but at least he’s consistent. According to Pro Football Focus’ game-charting metrics, he’s allowed a perfect 158.3 quarterback rating on 19 targets outside — and a perfect 158.3 quarterback rating on 12 targets in the slot. He’s been dealing with thigh injuries since last season, but the more he plays, the more the Rams’ opponents are going to see how much they can light him up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Looks like cortland has bought into his own hype with the tough "little" guy crap. It is a shame, he once a really good player.

5. titan_fan_4ever

DB coverage is usually just a function of pressure.

When Finny was here, he played extremely well when we were able to pressure QBs. Just ask Revis whats it like now in Tampa without that crazy NY pass rush Rex gave him for so many years. Or take Shermen away from those hostile 'hawks and their aggressive line, and put him on the Jags (or any team that can't rush the QB) and he'd also look a lot worse...

Back in the day when defenders could make more contact it was easier to be a shut down CB on a team that didn't get pressure. Now with the new rules to help offenses, its much harder, if not damn near impossible, to look like a good CB unless your team gets pressure consistently....

To my knowledge, the Rams are not getting pressure and really struggling on D b/c of it...

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

In Cortland's case, pressure has nothing to do with it. This cat is getting BURNED off the line and doesn't have the speed to recover. It's not the pressure, it's him. Jenkins is doing just fine with the same pressure. We need to make sure Hunter lines up on Finny. No way he can guard him.

7. titan_fan_4ever

I don't watch the Rams tbh so I can't be sure.

BUT i did read an article while back that said both Finny and JJ were struggling. That post I made talking about Finny in particular was from one of those 'top 15 most disappointing players.' The other article was talking about how both CBs are playing bad after they both played really well last year. It also talked about the lack of consistent pressure the line was getting as well...

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

ehhhh

i'd much rather Washington. Hunter is still kinda green.

9. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

this is why i don't watch espn anymore, straight ban status (unless titans are playign MNF - which rarely happens anyway)

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

props to you man, I wish I could stay away, I am addicted to sports so I am always flippin back and forth between espn, espn 2 and nfl network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar