Training Camp Locker improves accuracy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

After a couple of rough practices, quarterback Jake Locker bounced back with a strong showing on Friday. In team drills, Locker finished 16-of-20 with one interception, looking much sharper than he had on Tuesday and Thursday when he was a combined 9-of-30.

Matt Hasselbeck continued his good performances, going 13-for-15. He was a combined 26-of-31 on Tuesday and Thursday. The Titans did not practice Wednesday.

Included in Locker’s completions on Friday were back-to-back darts to tight ends Craig Stevens in the right seam and Jared Cook on the left side.

“We had a tough night last night,” Locker said of Thursday’s 1-for-10 with an interception. “It was a combination of things, but we didn’t have our best day. But I think we bounced back today and we were able to get some completions and move the offense.”

Locker’s only interception came on a pass across the middle, as linebacker Will Witherspoon tipped the ball into the air and safety Jordan Babineaux picked it off. Locker responded with a long completion to Michael Preston in the left corner of the end zone.

“I just think that’s how it’s going to be,” coach Mike Munchak said of Locker’s improved performance. “You don’t prepare for things you’re seeing on both sides of the ball because you’re not really concerned about game-planning. So sometimes it’s going to look a little off.

“Sometimes the receivers are confused, sometimes balls are being dropped, sometimes the quarterback not accurate. I just think today was obviously a lot better for both quarterbacks overall. That’s the good thing, to see guys bounce back when one night wasn’t as good as the next.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Well.. that's it then. Locker starts week 1.

/sarcasm

3. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

Jake hate already? Give him a chance -at least we're not dealing with Vince drama.

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

No hate towards Jake, just offering my impression of everyone saying

"Well, guess it is MH week one"

yesterday when Jake had a bad day.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

Sorry for the confusion. Thought you were hatin' up on Jake. You're right in regards to everytime he slips or doesn't throw a bullet they will be on the MH band wagon and vise/versa. We all need to be patient and let training camp continue, go into preaseason with open minds and see who gives us our best option.

6. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Preston is gonna take over Hawkins spot late in the season.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's going to be a back and forth thing for weeks. I bet Locker and Hass both play really well this preseason.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Also, you shouldn't be so quick to jump to calling someone as "hating" everytime they say a small criticism of Locker. That was one of the huge things that divided the Titans fans early on with VY.

If I posted, "Jake shouldv'e put that one a little to the left to get the reciever in stride rather than making them stop for it." I am not hating, I am criticizing.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I just want to see Locker develop consistency and show that he's improving through camp. His intangibles are most valuable in live action, but if he can learn to be an effective pocket passer he'll be deadly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar