Locker gets good results, could (will) play Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Quarterback Jake Locker received positive news from his most recent MRI, and there’s a chance he could play in Sunday’s game against the Dolphins, Titans Coach Mike Munchak said on Tuesday night.

Locker has missed the last five games after dislocating his non-throwing shoulder for the second time in the team’s September 30 game at Houston. He’s been practicing the last several weeks, and received an MRI each week to update his recovery. The team received results from Locker’s most recent MRI on Tuesday.

“The good news is medically they are very happy with his progress,’’ Munchak said on his weekly radio show on 104.5-FM. “He has been cleared as far as they are concerned to move forward to the next level which for now is to start taking reps, practicing and getting ready for a game week.”

Munchak said the plan is for Locker to split reps with veteran Matt Hasselbeck, who has started the past five games.

“If things keep progressing on Wednesday he’ll share the reps with Matt as we go in Wednesday and Thursday,’’ Munchak said. “And we’ll make a decision on where he’s at. If we feel he is ready to go, we’ll give him a chance to play.”

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

Attached Files:

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Woo-hoo! Don't be a homer Munch, play the kid!
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. pettso

pettso Starter

Eh, I'm on the fence. I'd rather see Locker play obviously but it doesn't make any sense to rush him back at this point. I'd rather him be fully healed before going out there than have another big hit cause him to be out for the year.

I think this is one of the few places where the coaching staff will do the right thing.
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

He was cleared by the medical staff - its time to play.
    • High Five High Five x 7
  5. Alzarius

Alzarius Starter

Agreed x 100000
  6. Serjio

Serjio Starter

He needs to get the experience, let jake play.
  7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Starter

Cameron wake will probably just break him again midway through the first quarter
  8. JefPlusF

JefPlusF Starter

He'll be fine. Let him play.

I'm tired of seeing 4 yrd dump offs on 3rd and 10.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  9. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

I think he should stay and heal more, cause we ALL KNOW, when he plays bad, or gets hurt the Titans fans on here will want his head on a platter and call for a QB to be drafted!
  10. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

TitansWillWin2 died a little inside.