Locker Cleared for Contact

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's hard to read Munch. He's cautious.

I think they want to see if he has any set-backs/soreness after today's practice.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Stupid to rush him.

Give him 'til the bye.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You know how to start threads. :thumbsup:

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. TitanJeff

If he's cleared for contact, then the hip/knee must be good from a structural standpoint. I'm guessing it is more about strength/soreness/swelling and if he can run/cut as before.

Maybe a couple of our medically-experienced members can share some insight.

5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Munchy's job is also on the line.. he needs to win and he knows it. I could see him rushing Jake back in.

But let's get one thing straight: If Locker plays like he did before the injury, we're winning this game. But is it worth the risk?

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That was my first thought. Although, are you really gaining an advantage by having them prepare for Locker then starting Fitz? He's basically a less mobile, less accurate (<- never thought before the season that I'd be saying that), weaker-armed version of Locker. Fitz isn't exactly going to catch anyone off guard and light up the scoreboard.

IDK I just don't buy it. I don't see how this went from a 4-8 week type injury to potentially only missing 2 games. Knee injuries aren't anything to mess around with. If they rush him back RIGHT before the bye and he re-injures it Munch should be fired on the spot. I know we all want the win and Locker gives us the best chance at that. But this just doesn't seem wise to me.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I wouldn't be so quick to call this a victory with Locker (but it definitely improves our chances). We lost to Houston and barely squeaked out a win against the Chargers with Locker at the helm. And the Niners are better than both of those teams. Let's not get too cocky.

Is it worth the risk? Personally, I don't think so. But I'm cautious by nature. Also I'm no doctor. If the risk of re-injury is relatively low then it's probably worth it. But like I said in the last post, if he does re-injure something it's going to be BAD for ole Munch & Co. And I'm sure everyone here would be steaming. Even the ones who are currently screaming "Play him!".

8. TitanJeff

Sneaky Munch is just trying to get the Niners to prepare for both Locker and Fitz.

[​IMG]

Fisher approves.

9. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

One thing quarterback Jake Locker has convinced the Titans this week: He’ll be ready to return for the team’s November 3 game against the Rams, after the bye week.

But is there a chance he could return as soon as Sunday’s game against the 49ers? Well, the Titans are at least considering it, even if it still seems unlikely at this point considering Locker admitted he still has limitations three days before kickoff.

Locker practiced for the second straight day on Thursday, and did more than he did the previous day, his first day back since suffering hip/knee injuries in the team’s September 29 game against the Jets. Locker continues to wear a knee brace on his right knee, and still walks with an obvious limp.

Coach Mike Munchak said he has been cleared for contact, however.

He can play. It is just a matter of … “Is he quite ready? There is no doubt the more you rest, the more you take off, the stronger your (knee) is going to feel,’’ he said. “But it doesn’t mean you can’t play in the meantime.

“He came out and looked better today. I think he is just getting better today. We’ll consider anything really. We’ll wait until tomorrow. It is kind of wait and see. We don’t want to ever say he can’t do anything.”

Locker has missed the past two starts since spraining the right MCL and suffering an injured hip vs. the Jets. When he was injured, the initial diagnosis was he’d need at least four weeks, possibly up to six, to heal. Sunday’s game would put him at three weeks, at least a week ahead of schedule, though he’s not 100 percent.

On Thursday, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Locker both took snaps in team drills.

“I just wanted to get in and try and do everything I could every day to get better and try and get back on the field as soon as possible,’’ Locker said. “And my body has responded well.

“There are certain things that don’t feel normal yet, but I am feeling pretty good and just trying to get better and progress through that stuff.”

Meanwhile, several Titans receivers said they’re expecting Fitzpatrick to start his third straight game on Sunday.

“Right now, we are operating as if it’s Ryan. No one has told us different,’’ receiver Kendall Wright said. “So I am assuming Ryan until further notice.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think Locker plays. Just have that feeling.

No prediction on how he does, but I think he starts. If he has any setbacks he has the bye to rest up.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar