Locker Cleared for Contact

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I really like Jake and he's tough but it's unfair to compare anyone's toughness to Mac 9 , his sh*t was crazy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

but i agree he should play if he thinks he can, it could be such a momentum boost for our team and fan base moving forward and Jake would almost be a hero. It would be the perfect way for him to take ownership of this team. I say LET HIM GO!! GO TITANS!!

3. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

I think the reason he may play is to get some reps and back on track for the Rams after the bye. I think the Titans realize if they do not win this week then the Rams is a must win. Locker plays or not I think we still lose this week, but it may be a good thing just to get him some reps. I think you can still game plan around his injury and keep him safe for the most part.

4. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

How bout we just let the medical professionals do their job. We may need to win Sunday to even get into the playoffs. Contrary to what many people on here think, there are very few sure victories if any on our remaining schedule. If Locker is ready to play, then by all means play him. Unless you are the medical professional, you don't know whether he should or shouldn't play. Neither do I. We just have to trust that they will do the right thing instead of wringing our hands in consternation. This is a big boy league and every single game is critical. Locker is not getting paid the big bucks to sit on the sideline.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Not really sure why the Titans and Media are getting the fans hopes up with all this Locker talk. Probably trying to keep the 49ers guessing, but I'm sure they already know. No way Locker plays, dude is glass.

The great ones would never be told to "wait til after the bye" or have to be told anything of that sort. If Favre could walk, he was playing. Same with McNair, Warner, Brady, McNabb, Green, and most of the other great QB's from the past decade. Cleared for contact and he's questionable? What a joke.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Seriously, no one takes you seriously here.

I'd bet almost anything that he starts. No reason what so ever to even give the guy practice snaps if he wasn't going to get the start, much less the majority of the snaps. Its painfully obvious to anyone now he is playing on Sunday. You are just overly butt hurt about Locker looking great so far and your idle Fitz, playing exactly like everyone told you he would.

Who cares about the injury report? Look at how many players are questionable and will play Sunday, I would bet 90%.

No one cares if you miss something on a board, people start to clown on you when you don't own up to your mistakes. You were wrong, get over it.

• High Five High Five x 7
  7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

You can't bench your best QB because of protection issues- I'd just prefer him to not start at all this week and next if that was going to be the case. Locker gives us the best opportunity to win..you can't just tell him to take a seat if Warmack and Levitre still have no clue how to block.

Or.. I hope they couldn't bench Locker over that. I hope Locker has the mentality and mindset that he is gonna play, period. Regardless of the circumstance. Just like #9

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Unless I start said "injured" players on my fantasy team. Then they sure as hell won't be starting IRL.

Good thing I wake up at like 2pm on sundays so I can't change my lineup.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm not sure the league saw a player as tough as Mac 9. Tough to compare.

10. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

for any of you saying you want locker to sit this week...and essentially concluding you want fitzpatrick behind center....

I hereby give you no permission to complain about a loss when fitz throws 2 picks and fumbles 2 more times.

• High Five High Five x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar