Lock Some Players Up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If it came down to keeping Griff or Finny then i'd keep Finnegan.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

ITT: People who think they know enough about our RG to say whether he should stay or not, but don't know his name is Jake, not Jack.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Griff is a playmaker and should be retained.

any safety is going to get exposed if the dline creates ZERO pressure on the Quarterback.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Hall is being way under-appreciated in this thread. Hall is just another FB like Neal was. He might be the best FB in the league. I can't be the only one that sees that.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

im with you man. some1 said they want the FBs to be able to make plays and this guy is not a game breaker, but really no FB is. but hes gotten better in his time here. Hes good at short yard situations, when 2/3 needed. He catches pretty well, in the beginning of his career he used to drop a lota screens, now he's gotten much better and in fact i cant recall him dropping any recently.

Ohh yeah and he blocks really well....

Sign him, FBs r not where you look to save money, what at max like half a Mill, cut that damn center of ours and we'll b rich.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Finny, sign with respect.

Griffin, okay, 4 years max, 10-12 to sign at most, 22-24M. I've decided we need him and Babineaux next year. JB on a 2-year, I say.

Stevens is our solid TE. We need that. Cook gets 1 more year. Graham is gone. Keep Hawkins for cheap. Stevens/Hawkins will be happy to get what they get. Same with Hall, who is also no big deal to keep/cut in camp, either.

Jones I think is still flexible to move around, and whereas his value is still somewhat unknown as a 4-3 DE, I think 3-4 teams like the Steelers and Pats willing to step up and pay him. I say a 4-year 20M deal is warranted here.

Velasco should get a chance to start. Scott's contract expires, but Amano is expendable and saves a few mil off next year's books. Scott's a problem on his own, but the Amano/Harris fiasco has to be the first place to start. I think there's hope for Harris. Matthews could be ready sooner than later. I also have to believe the Titans would be a strong draw for FA OL.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think he's shown how much we missed him while he was out.

I definately under valued him and think he's a must keep player.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I like the way you think. Dont agree about 33 but thats OK

Not sure if Amano is cuttable at this time. Seems fishface orchrestrated a pretty real big signing bonus for him for some less than obvious reason.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I pretty much agree with all of this. I'm curious to see what the market will be like for Jones & Griffin. I wanna' keep both, but neither is having their best season.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree, I just choose to stay out of it because of my name lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar